Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E27 to B22 Adapter

Options
  • 15-02-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I might be able to get an Edison screw to bayonet adapter in Dublin?

Can't wait until next week to get it online as I want to experiment with my bulbs over the weekend and they came in E27 instead of the B22 ordered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

we keep them off the shelf, and we supply them to lots of wholsalers around dublin. give the nearest wholesaler to you a ring and see if they keep them.
    there made by a company called jeani.
    http://www.jeani-accessories.co.uk/lampholders/adaptors.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

we keep them off the shelf, and we supply them to lots of wholsalers around dublin. give the nearest wholesaler to you a ring and see if they keep them.

I dont suppose you would have a few B22 to E27 adaptor fittings floating around in the shop there??

Looking for 4-5 of them.

Or do you sell a normal ceiling rose fitting with an E27 fitment on it??

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Afraid none of the wholesalers on your list had them.
    CEF said they had, but after driving there they only had ES to BC

I can't understand why we don't switch to ES completely same as most of the rest of the world. Bayonet LED bulbs are much more expensive and hard to get hold of.

While we're at it we might as well move back to using Shuko instead of those stupid UK plugs.....

paddy147 wrote: »
    I dont suppose you would have a few B22 to E27 adaptor fittings floating around in the shop there??

Looking for 4-5 of them.

Or do you sell a normal ceiling rose fitting with an E27 fitment on it??

Thanks.:)

We keep black pvc es lampholders that you can wire yourself, looks a bit muck with a white ceiling rose though.
    mk and other comanys do es pendants.
    we have es-bc and bc-es adaptors here if your stuck.

We keep black pvc es lampholders that you can wire yourself, looks a bit muck with a white ceiling rose though.

Grand so...I will try my best to drop by the shop at some stage before Thursday.:)

• Advertisement

Thanks again for the help Indie......good price too.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

don't like the look of those gadgets

maybe they're alright? - i can envisage people poking their fingers in when changing bulbs

if someone is dumb enough to stick there finger in there they deserve a blast. :o
    as most bc lamp holders are the safety type now, the person changing the lamp could push and twist out the lamp complete, change over the es lamp and re-fit like as if it were a bc type.

M cebee wrote: »
    don't like the look of those gadgets

maybe they're alright? - i can envisage people poking their fingers in when changing bulbs

Hmmmm,let me see here........

Hold black outer casing with one hand...screw out old bulb and screw back in new bulb with other hand.

Simples.:)

No Paddy147s were harmed in the changing of the bulbs.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

paddy147 wrote: »

No Paddy147s were harmed in the changing of the bulbs.:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

meercat wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

I forgot to include a pic aswell.

How rude of me....:pac::D