Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yous will think I'm mad:D

• 15-02-2013 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Looking for a bit of help as the title suggests you'll think I'm mad:D I've two guns il never ever get rid of even if it gets to stage of outdated non working condition wall hangers.

My question is does anyone know an engraver to engrave upper or lower reciever of these these two guns one pistol one aeg?

Both are full metal:)

I love this sport and these two RIFs are close to my heart so want to engrave them.(I know a little sad but true) I'd say its quite a limited market for it over here I've tried a couple of jewlers and well none will touch them! They almost seem afraid of me when I mention privately what they are I want engraved.

Cheers guys for any help what so ever:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Trebob wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of help as the title suggests you'll think I'm mad:D I've two guns il never ever get rid of even if it gets to stage of outdated non working condition wall hangers.

My question is does anyone know an engraver to engrave upper or lower reciever of these these two guns one pistol one aeg?

Both are full metal:)

I love this sport and these two RIFs are close to my heart so want to engrave them.(I know a little sad but true) I'd say its quite a limited market for it over here I've tried a couple of jewlers and well none will touch them! They almost seem afraid of me when I mention privately what they are I want engraved.

Cheers guys for any help what so ever:D

Not really mad. Been looking for someone to do the same. And like you jewellers won't touch them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Trebob

Hareton wrote: »

Not really mad. Been looking for someone to do the same. And like you jewellers won't touch them!![/

Thanks man at least I'm not alone. If you hear of anyone let me know il be sure to do the same:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hareton wrote: »

Not really mad. Been looking for someone to do the same. And like you jewellers won't touch them!![/

Thanks man at least I'm not alone. If you hear of anyone let me know il be sure to do the same:)

Well not unless the jeweler just so happens to be an avid airsofter I doubt they will touch it when all they think is a gun.

Their is a company in England, tacticalquartermaster I think, that offer a laser engraving service, now it is an expensive option but you might be able to send a part over and then get it sent back.

You could always buy an engraver yourself if you are any way steady with your hands and have a bit of a artistic flair :).

Well not unless the jeweler just so happens to be an avid airsofter I doubt they will touch it when all they think is a gun.

Their is a company in England, tacticalquartermaster I think, that offer a laser engraving service, now it is an expensive option but you might be able to send a part over and then get it sent back.

You could always buy an engraver yourself if you are any way steady with your hands and have a bit of a artistic flair :).

Haha cheers man all I'm good at is taking aim and firing the work I want is quite fidily:)

You don't have a link by any chance i cant seem to find it. If not its cool thanks again man:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Haha cheers man all I'm good at is taking aim and firing the work I want is quite fidily:)

You don't have a link by any chance i cant seem to find it. If not its cool thanks again man:)

http://www.tacticalquartermaster.co.uk/catalog/engrave.php?osCsid=29b1163fc62ade637bf9b8389892fa16

No bother, Drop em an email see how you get on sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

One of the lads in Whiskey Delta in Waterford is a Jeweller and should be able to help , drop them a line on Face Book. His name is Declan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭sharpy2010

Sorry made a mistake op forget my post

sharpy2010 wrote: »
    Sorry made a mistake op forget my post

No problem cheers:)

Thanks for the link! You were right its expensive alright I'm going to sit on it for a while. It's definately an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

Depending on what part you want engraved this ebay shop might offer some help. THough I've mainly only seen them offering the dust cover engraved.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/tacticalgearjunkie/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

• Advertisement

Salaas wrote: »
    Depending on what part you want engraved this ebay shop might offer some help. THough I've mainly only seen them offering the dust cover engraved.
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/tacticalgearjunkie/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Cool il give them a shout see what they can do thanks:)

Advertisement