Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina

Options
  • 15-02-2013 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hey Everybody, in the past while, I have been considering going to Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina in around a year and a half, in order to work, travel around for a bit and hopefully catch some of the World Cup. Has anyone been to these countries and if they have, what are they like? I don't think that I need to worry about any language problems as already, I can speak Portuguese well enough to hold a conversation and I speak Spanish almost fluently. Has anybody experienced what the job situation is like in any of these places? Because when I go there I'll have a degree in languages and hopefully I'll be able to teach English.

Is there anything that anyone here can tell or recommend to me about these countries? What do I need to do or get before going there? What places are worth visiting? What places are worth avoiding. Which country is the best to work in?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,

To_Arthur!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 michelsardou

hey arthur
    i am currently living in brazil. you should be able to find work as an english teacher here no problem. i have the celta qualification but it is rare here except maybe in sao paulo so i wouldnt bother as you prob wont need it. its great that you speak some portuguese, its well worth learning. rio and sao paulo are great to visit but can be expensive so i d consider working in other cities like belo horizonte or floripa. come for carnaval!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hi michelsardou,

Quick question. I plan on moving to Brazil in Feb time to teach English. I taught in Montevideo last year and the schools I taught for were fine with me working on the 90 day tourist visa.

I used to cross to Buenos Aires every 90 days to renew it and make a weekend out of it.

Can you tell me is it the same in Brazil. It is just I keep reading that you can only stay for 180 days out of 365. What actually happens on the ground there?

Are there any potential consequences to staying more than 180 days or is it all grand?

Thanks

Advertisement