Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.S.P.E NOTES

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

Studying for CSPE? What is this foreign idea? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I got an A and didn't open the book, the only questions that are about stuff in the course are the short questions and if you've any common sense you'll get them. Prioritize the other subjects :P

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Just skim read news papers the week before and know who the politicians in the country are and what they are ministers for (important ones like Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore, Ruairi Quinn, Angela Merkle etc)

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Just skim read news papers the week before and know who the politicians in the country are and what they are ministers for (important ones like Enda Kenny, Eamon Gilmore, Ruairi Quinn, Angela Merkle etc)

Even then, who cares. It's multiple choice and only worth a couple of marks. Important thing is knowing how to answer the political ads questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Even then, who cares. It's multiple choice and only worth a couple of marks. Important thing is knowing how to answer the political ads questions.

I personally wont/didnt study for it but he does so i gave him help

• Advertisement

http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=17671

There. That gives all the current cabinet ministers, which makes more sense than just going through a load of newspapers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ellie182

For the three years I had CSPE I only went to about ten of the classes, never bought the book or anything, left the JC exam after 45 minutes and got an A.

I think you'll get through it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Strangely, the exam statistics for CSPE don't back up all these 'everyone gets an A' statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Watch the news ... that's the best study you'll get. The first section is the only section you need some 'learnt off stuff', but you'll know them if you watch the news for a few days. The rest of the sections are easy and only require good imagination and waffling skills :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I think its commendable and mature that you're looking for notes to study. CSPE can be 'easy' to a certain type of student but others need to put some work in.

Have a look at this site to get an idea of the key concepts http://www.cspe.tv/index.html

Keep an eye on the news and papers too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I got an A and didn't open the book

THERE WAS A BOOK??!

Well I'll be damned, I don't think I had one.

Anyway, CSPE is definitely not easy but there's no real way to study it through notes or books. Most of the marks is going for your project(60%?) so write up the project the best way you can.
    Now the other 40% is for your written exam. The only way you can study for Section 1 is by watching the news, reading newspapers, researching online etc. Section 2 and Section 3 is all about your opinion and how you can change things, you'd have to know a few charities and few good ways to fundraise and raise awareness.

CSPE is certainly not an easy exam to get an A in but it's the easiest to pass if you do your project properly. I got like 95-100% in mocks and Christmas for CSPE and an A or B in JC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

I got an A in my mocks for CSPE, its pretty easy. Just keep up with daily politics etc and watch the news and you should be fine, keeping up-to date is the objective maybe reading newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Confish02

cspe is like common level and really easy. Most of the questions can come down to trial and error.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Confish02 wrote: »
    cspe is like common level and really easy. Most of the questions can come down to trial and error.

For such an 'easy' subject, you'd think more than 21% would get an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,597 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

spurious wrote: »
    For such an 'easy' subject, you'd think more than 21% would get an A.

And why would the poster comment on a 4 year old thread?

D'Oh! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement