Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mc Love wrote: »
    Keep getting error:
    This code has already been used

Any idea on what I should do?!

You using VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Ok restarted it laptop, opened tunnelbear, and then simcity and it opened. Closed tunnelbear, and its processing large file now

Mc Love wrote: »
    Ok restarted it laptop, opened tunnelbear, and then simcity and it opened. Closed tunnelbear, and its processing large file now

You may have to open it again after the large file

Should I leave tunnelbear opened?

Merger wrote: »
    Anyone doing a live stream of their "Cities" I wouldn't mind seeing what people have done?! Or Even Mór photos! :P

Here ya go

Spark_2013-03-06_15-40-10.jpg

Spark_2013-03-06_15-40-22.jpg

Spark_2013-03-06_15-40-35.jpg

Spark_2013-03-06_15-41-00.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

How big is the game to download €

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was watching some streams on Twitch last night and it was awful seeing how bad the servers were handling the load, but this is the norm when you're dealing with MMO games and so you could spot those who were experienced in such things not being as stressed as those who had never had "day one of a WoW expansion delays" adventures :)

As mentioned above, it makes no sense to have a ton of servers on day one, the buzz will die off and stabilise within a couple of weeks.

I'm still looking forward to the game if I'm honest, I find this sort of game a fun distraction more than a gaming challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have waited for the new SimCity since it got announced.

I am now going to get the ARMA3 aplpha, as the server problem, super tiny cities, etc, for SimCity has turned me off it. Maybe it'll be fixed in a few months when they start bringing out the DLCs (everything EA publishes seems to have DLCs).

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

VinLieger wrote: »

Sound for those! Can't wait for Friday! :P Is that the same city from earlier?

Merger wrote: »
    Sound for those! Can't wait for Friday! :P Is that the same city from earlier?

No those were someone else, this is my one which i thought was about to die but ive managed to save it 2-3 times now

• Advertisement

Thats such a cool city, love the central avenue. This is a question I asked GameoverGreggy on twitter but he not be awake yet: if you plant a dump beside another city and the wind blows into that city, do they get your pollution?

Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Yup! Causes trouble for your neighbour

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone whos played the finished game care to give us a quick opinion?
    I was so looking forward to this ,still think ill be buying but apart from so called professional reviews id like to hear from the gamers themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

it has a 2 rateing on metacritic from 800 user reviews so take that for what you will.

Seriously thinking about avoiding this like i did dead space 3 due to ea's current **** the customer mentality

Really enjoying it still getting to grips with some of the mechanics and im really not looking forward to when all of europe and the uk mess up my instant connection to the servers but that will go away and it will still be a good game, would take the metcritic reviews with a grain of salt id say at least half of them are anti DRM bandwagoners

Still processing file - 33% now :( I want to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Anti games as services controlled by greedy untrustworthy company's checking in o/

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

When we get going on the region play should we make a separate thread for it or keep it in here?

When we get going on the region play should we make a separate thread for it or keep it in here?

Was wondering about that, probably best, might also move it into the sims subforum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Processing large file: 23%

COME ONNNNNN!!!

With this being always online I dont suppose there will be a weaknesspays code?? I loved building beautiful cities with loads of parks and stuff in 4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Hello can someone please tell me if this will work on my samsung rv510-aof laptop please?

soap1978 wrote: »
    Hello can someone please tell me if this will work on my samsung rv510-aof laptop please?
    Operating System and Programs:
    SimCity will run on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, as well as Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Internet Connection:
    To experience SimCity, players will need an Internet connection of at least 256 kbps download and 64kbps upload or faster.

CPU:
    Intel players will need, minimally, a 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, while our AMD players will need at least a an Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+.

RAM:
    Players will need a system with at least 2GB of RAM.

HARD DRIVE:
    Players will need at least 10GB of hard drive space free, though more is always recommended for smooth and easy playing.

OPTICAL DRIVE:
    If players opt for the physical disc version as opposed to a digital download, they will need a DVD-ROM drive in order to play SimCity.

VIDEO:
    Players will need at least a 512 MB video card featuring either an nVidia 7800 or better, an AMD chipset of at least an ATI Radeon HD 2x00 or better, or an Intel Series 4 integrated graphics or better.
    ***NOTE: All the above-mentioned must also have a minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.
    It is essential to the game’s performance and stability that the latest possible drivers for your video card are installed at all times. Maintaining diligence toward your drivers will allow you to maximize on the SimCity experience.

Check the specs of your laptop against that

jonny666 wrote: »
    Check the specs of your laptop against that
    To be honest i have try and i am still not sure,not very good at the specs stuff,if someone could tell me before i buy,it would be great please

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

soap1978 wrote: »
    To be honest i have try and i am still not sure,not very good at the specs stuff,if someone could tell me before i buy,it would be great please

Check this link: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

BTW: I am in, thank you VL

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

jonny666 wrote: »
    With this being always online I dont suppose there will be a weaknesspays code?? I loved building beautiful cities with loads of parks and stuff in 4!

Think there is a sandbox mode where you can screw around and activate cheats, but no achievements or online or such, its an opetion when you start a new region I thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

VinLieger wrote: »
    Really enjoying it still getting to grips with some of the mechanics and im really not looking forward to when all of europe and the uk mess up my instant connection to the servers but that will go away and it will still be a good game, would take the metcritic reviews with a grain of salt id say at least half of them are anti DRM bandwagoners
    when ea switch off the servers, you may change your tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

We'll be playing Sim City 2, 3 or 4 at that point.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Think there is a sandbox mode where you can screw around and activate cheats, but no achievements or online or such, its an opetion when you start a new region I thinks.

Yeah just seen that. Thats a good addition. Just had a very quick game there. Not sure if it was me or a bug but i went into region view and when I went back to city view I couldnt zoom back in. Was weird. Then I did a tutorial and it went in and nothin happened. I could move around and zoom in/out but couldnt click on ne thing. Strange. Goina try again after a restart

Advertisement