Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

Would I be correct in saying that All the servers were just closed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Merger wrote: »
    Would I be correct in saying that All the servers were just closed off?

I think so! No time given when they will be back up either. Will reopen at <parameter> GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have they all been closed off? My Sim City just stopped working. Was in Sandbox mode for ages there!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Bought the limited edition today for 35 euros. It's a russian key, but they give you patched language files so you can play in English.

Loving the game so far. So addictive!

As for the EU servers, most of europe is getting the game tomorrow, then the UK/Ireland. Hopefully the staggered release means the euro servers don't melt like the US ones did

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

why the odd release schedule anyone? NZ got lumped in last with UK and Ireland, despite Aus getting it earlier and the rest of Europe too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Dont think this site is working right,as it says it wont work on my laptop but it also says football manager 2010 wont work but i play it no problem on the laptop,so i am still confused?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

glad I am not picking this up, my internet has been downright woeful this week.

soap1978 wrote: »
    Dont think this site is working right,as it says it wont work on my laptop but it also says football manager 2010 wont work but i play it no problem on the laptop,so i am still confused?

yeah it said my laptop wouldn't cut it either but every listed component is above the minimum spec when I actually compare them...

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

dublinscot wrote: »
    Bought the limited edition today for 35 euros. It's a russian key, but they give you patched language files so you can play in English.

Care to let me know where you got the game so cheap, was debating getting it if the price was right but the best I could get was Gamefly and it wouldnt let me in the US site to buy it cheaper. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

It's a bit of a nightmare trying to play tonight. Got about an hour play over 3 hours. Just when I was getting into I was kicked for maintaince. Was down for about an hour then and when I got back my city was gone and game is crashing regularly now

From what I played it was really good. It's not sim city as we know it really

• Advertisement

I had one city more or less the bones of which set up and decided to start another city in the same region, started taking the power from my first city and then it crashed. Hope its still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

My heart lept when I heard about this :) But the more I hear about this "online connection" stuff, the more I wonder. I suppose change is good though, I'll wait till the reviews come in!

Connected over Tunnelbear now and it says checking for updates: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help.

What a fantastic idea to have it online!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm actually tempted to get this. I've never actually played a sim city game before but always wanted to. This online nonsense has put me right off though. I might just pick up Sim City 4 when it's on sale next and play that instead. It's about 10 years old though, how has it aged?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

I'm actually tempted to get this. I've never actually played a sim city game before but always wanted to. This online nonsense has put me right off though. I might just pick up Sim City 4 when it's on sale next and play that instead. It's about 10 years old though, how has it aged?

I've no idea about Sim City 4, but I play Sim City 2 ocassionally now (which probably could be considered a relic) I think games like that are essentially timeless so I'd imagine 4 is a safe bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Sim City 2000 is the one to get.

Got it again on an american server, but my cities have disappeared!

extremely well thanks to the huge modding community. If you do get it head over to simtropolis.com and at the very least download the NAM add on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

What is it with all these people never having played a Sim City game....

Ye weirdos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Mc Love wrote: »
    Got it again on an american server, but my cities have disappeared!
    Your cities stay on one server only

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Connected over Tunnelbear now and it says checking for updates: ERROR CODE SMCY-19: Could not communicate with the SimCity update server. Please see the customer support link for help.

What a fantastic idea to have it online!

"Hi Mayors --If you get stuck on "CHECKING FOR UPDATES" you should delete all files in your User Data.

If you have a desktop shortcut you can right click the icon and select PROPERTIES then delete all files in the User Data folder.
    If you launch through Origin go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\SimCity\SimCityUserData and delete all files in the User Data folder.

Then run the game again and you should get past that screen.

Note: The recovery tool will not resolve this issue, so please use the directions above."

ShaneU wrote: »
    Your cities stay on one server only

Well thats not good! Why would you want to connect to a different server?! Have set up a good city this time around, hope to god it has saved this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'd be up for a spot in the boards region if there's still space. My origin I'd is NotorietyH.

I'll add people when I next log on.

I'd suggest people play on Europe east 1 server, all the others I've tried have had issues.

We are aggressively undergoing maintenance on the servers and adding capacity to meet demand. Performance will fluctuate during this process. Our fans are important to us, and we thank you for your continued patience.
    adding capacity... how can they so grossly under estimate load, even before EU etc come online.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'd suggest people play on Europe east 1 server, all the others I've tried have had issues.

Yeah until 12.01 tonight
    Ill setup the Boards.ie region later this evening and start inviting people on origin

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭teddansonswig

hey cant wait to have a go of sc5! can someone explane origin to me? im on mac, so wondering does origin let me play sc5 regardles of OS or does it actually install on hard drive....
    not much of a gamer so i cant figure it out
    thanks!

Couldn't access that last night so went on one of the US servers

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

hey cant wait to have a go of sc5! can someone explane origin to me? im on mac, so wondering does origin let me play sc5 regardles of OS or does it actually install on hard drive....
    not much of a gamer so i cant figure it out
    thanks!
    I don't think there's an actual release date for a mac version, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

humanji wrote: »
    I don't think there's an actual release date for a mac version, I'm afraid.

Says Spring 2013, but I heard it will be a good while after it's released on Windows first.

Advertisement