Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Digital Deluxe is the one with the European building packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Showing up as €44.99 in Smyths from tomorrow. http://www.toys.ie/SIMCITY-Limited-Edition-!122081-prd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Maybe they just gave that to everyone as partial acknowledgement to the absolute ****up the release has been??
    I can't imagine them doing that. Partly because it's EA, and also because it means they're then screwing over anyone who actually did buy the extras. It's probably just a typo. I'm never lucky enough for this sort of thing to happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just bought from greenmangaming for €41.56,instant delivery of code,fantastic service from them as usual,game preloading now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I just did the pre-load but it only took about two minutes... that seems very fast. Is there going to be another download when it unlocks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Every server either busy or full right now apart from the oceanic server. they'll all probably explode tonight.

Newaglish wrote: »
    I just did the pre-load but it only took about two minutes... that seems very fast. Is there going to be another download when it unlocks?

Yeap

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »
    Every server either busy or full right now apart from the oceanic server. they'll all probably explode tonight.

Pain in the ass,I hope the servers don't explode tomorrow.

Newaglish wrote: »
    It only downloads about 200mb. I'm trying to use a VPN to get on and download the rest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Origin username is lockie83406 if anyone wants to add me :)

If we ever get on the server that is haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

sim city more like sim sh**ty

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bizmark wrote: »
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/simulation/simcity-limited-edition/

About 42 euro with the 20% off code in the description very trust worthy site have used it many times

Yes got this here and was very impressed! Use tunnelbear to get access early.

Finally got on today (after trying for an hour and a half), and after playing it for a while, the cities are far too small for the RCI demand. I keep running out of space and its only so long before you have to go create a new city.

I have only being playing single player for now. Until we get a boards region going.

There are aspects that are great, like it limits you from buying buildings until your city is a certain size, although its very easy to try and build the city too fast like I have done!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Servers down. wow. I can't even play a tutorial.

Last fcuking game I'm buying that is crippled with DRM.

This is really pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Amazon have temporarily stopped selling sim city ...
    link

Maximilian wrote: »
    Servers down. wow. I can't even play a tutorial.

Last fcuking game I'm buying that is crippled with DRM.

This is really pathetic.

Yeah I knew I shouldnt have quit the game earlier all the servers apart from Europe East 2 are busy, and apparently that server isnt up even though it says its available!!

Ridiculous :mad::mad:

Dazza wrote: »
    Amazon have temporarily stopped selling sim city ...
    link

Such a fk up by EA! Apart from the fact they took all our money!!

Cant even get access to my region :(

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Sums up this situation well..
    4J1A9x9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Pritty damning that some people on this thread believe we should just ignore the bad reviews and accept this level of service imho

lol one of the things they're doing to try and get it to let more people play is to disable cheetah speed! Temporarily of course. Still... bit desperate.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Patch-Notes-Accompanying-latest-Patch-1-2/m-p/658556#U658556

edit: Mc Love is too fast for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

How come everybody apart from EA was able to predict this exact occurrence?

Pritty damning that some people on this thread believe we should just ignore the bad reviews and accept this level of service imho
    Who's saying you should ignore bad reviews? You should ignore people having temper tantrums and pay attention to actual reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

How is game speed effected by multiple players? If one player is playing the fastest and another the slowest.

humanji wrote: »
    Who's saying you should ignore bad reviews? You should ignore people having temper tantrums and pay attention to actual reviews.

Those are "actual reviews" beta tests of a non stressed game is not indicative of the product your buying into which is now cutting features to possible maybe work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went into the game store in navan last weekend and bought sc4 for 59c with the rush hour expansion pack, result! Can't wait to start playing my favourite of the series again, can't believe I got it for that price :D

It was the last copy, but I'm happy. AAAAND I just found the simtropolis CDs I paid for too, so have **** loads of add ons all ready to go. Woohoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Those are "actual reviews" beta tests of a non stressed game is not indicative of the product your buying into which is now cutting features to possible maybe work

Look nobodies cutting EA slack the current situation is a joke, but i have enjoyed every second ive played of the game so far and guess what it will probably be perfectly playable in a few days time so giving it a permanent bad review because it wasnt playable straight away even if its a perfectly good game is just childish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Dcully wrote: »
    Just bought from greenmangaming for €41.56,instant delivery of code,fantastic service from them as usual,game preloading now.

As did I. I will be streaming my experiences all day tomorrow.

As did I. I will be streaming my experiences all day tomorrow.
    I don't think too many people will be interested in watching a splash screen with "servers busy" for the whole day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

humanji wrote: »
    I don't think too many people will be interested in watching a splash screen with "servers busy" for the whole day. :P

Touché.

• Advertisement

VinLieger wrote: »
    Look nobodies cutting EA slack the current situation is a joke, but i have enjoyed every second ive played of the game so far and guess what it will probably be perfectly playable in a few days time so giving it a permanent bad review because it wasnt playable straight away even if its a perfectly good game is just childish

Im glad your enjoying the game.However im more glad the vast majority of people who have taken to review and voice an opinion on this mess have voiced their annoyance at paying for a service/product and having to wait till some unspecific time down the road for it to work properly and i hope this and diablo 3 mess puts another nail in the coffin of this god awful anti user system

Advertisement