Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hmm weird bug?

Friend gifted me 30k in order to get my oil production up and running. The little armour truck left, but hasn't arrived to me,. He has been deducted the money, but I don't have it : /

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hmm weird bug?

Friend gifted me 30k in order to get my oil production up and running. The little armour truck left, but hasn't arrived to me,. He has been deducted the money, but I don't have it : /

I've seen this come up a few times while reading the twitters of some Maxis guys. It's basically the servers being slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

City went to the wall within 20 minutes :|

All fixed now. Anyone starting off; build wind turbines. Zero pollution so you can place it next to the residential areas, and two will produce decent power for a starting city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

now that the madness of the server **** has started to die down where is the cheapest and best place to get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

flynnlives wrote: »
    now that the madness of the server **** has started to die down where is the cheapest and best place to get this?
    www.greenmangaming.com sells the Limited Edition for €50, but use the "20% off" code displayed on the site brings it down to €40'ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Mr E wrote: »

Good timing! I might drop $15 on it. Could be interesting and it's not a huge risk!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Anyone who has bought the game and had login issues will get a free game, apparently.
    Here's a quick update on the problems we were experiencing with SimCity – and a little something extra for people who bought the game.

The server issues which began at launch have improved significantly as we added more capacity. But some people are still experiencing response and stability problems that we're working fast to address.

So what went wrong? The short answer is: a lot more people logged on than we expected. More people played and played in ways we never saw in the beta.

OK, we agree, that was dumb, but we are committed to fixing it. In the last 48 hours we increased server capacity by 120 percent. It's working – the number of people who have gotten in and built cities has improved dramatically. The number of disrupted experiences has dropped by roughly 80 percent.

So we're close to fixed, but not quite there. I'm hoping to post another update this weekend to let everyone know that the launch issues are behind us.

Something Special for Your Trouble

The good news is that SimCity is a solid hit in all major markets. The consensus among critics and players is that this is fundamentally a great game. But this SimCity is made to be played online, and if you can't get a stable connection, you're NOT having a good experience. So we're not going to rest until we've fixed the remaining server issues.

And to get us back in your good graces, we're going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.

I know that's a little contrived – kind of like buying a present for a friend after you did something crummy. But we feel bad about what happened. We're hoping you won't stay mad and that we'll be friends again when SimCity is running at 100 percent.

SimCity is a GREAT game and the people who made it are incredibly proud. Hang in there – we'll be providing more updates throughout the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just as long as they dont give us a crummy free game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

any idea when they will restore the cut features though ? a sim city game with out fast speed is a bit dull id say

Anyone else miss the terraforming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hmm weird bug?

I've seen this come up a few times while reading the twitters of some Maxis guys. It's basically the servers being slow.

Armored truck needs to arrive at your city, I believe. To your City Hall. Can take a while sometimes...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mc Love wrote: »
    Just as long as they dont give us a crummy free game

SimCity 4. :pac:

I cant borrow any of the resources because I aint connected to any of the other cities :( Have my iron ore production up and running, some medium density res & commercial buildings are popping up. Need to open a coal mine too :) gonna have a mining town.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Game has been running fine since last night for me, server Europe 4 went down for maintenance just there but other that I'm having no problems and enjoying the game so far.

Origin I.D gav34155 looking to join a region.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

bizmark wrote: »
    any idea when they will restore the cut features though ? a sim city game with out fast speed is a bit dull id say
    It had fast speed for me last night. So I don't know if that was just during the us launch

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Installing now. What's the story with the boards.ie region?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Really hating the disasters tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

We really need to pick a region for all of us to join. We're all spread out on the different servers. Just setup a boards.ie region or something.

Also I can't login at all, been trying the last half hour :(

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mc Love wrote: »
    I cant borrow any of the resources because I aint connected to any of the other cities :( Have my iron ore production up and running, some medium density res & commercial buildings are popping up. Need to open a coal mine too :) gonna have a mining town.

Same here I am in a private region building on my own on one city and it really takes away from the game. Stacks of Oil, coal and ore just sitting in depots doing nothing. I even turned off the wind farms and built an oil power plant just to use some of it up:D.

I have another city in a public zone surrounded by cities and it is a completely different experience. The game really is a multiplayer experience, I have fire trucks helping out neighbors, I have a sewage treatment plant so I can take their waste and process it. Started getting a load of murders and arsonist coming to live in my lovely city though from my neighbors had to ramp up police protection. I have 8 squad cars and a 2 story jail cell stuck to the side of the station and my city is only 1/4 off the map and just broke the 15,000 population mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I know I'm late to the party but any recommendations on somewhere to buy it cheap online. I read some people got it around the 40 euro mark? Much obliged!

• Advertisement

Demios wrote: »
    I know I'm late to the party but any recommendations on somewhere to buy it cheap online. I read some people got it around the 40 euro mark? Much obliged!

greenmangaming have it for €41.58 when you use the promo code.
    Code on top right of page under "buy now" copy/paste the code then click "buy now" paste code when prompted = €20 less than origin , you should get your code instantly.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/simulation/simcity-limited-edition/

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Buttros

Finally got in. Cant find a region I can join

I'm munsterbutto on origin. Feel free to add me.

Will start adding some friends to my current total of zero

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

How do i join or search for the boards.ie region? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Dcully wrote: »
    greenmangaming have it for €41.58 when you use the promo code.
    Code on top right of page under "buy now" copy/paste the code then click "buy now" paste code when prompted = €20 less than origin , you should get your code instantly.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/simulation/simcity-limited-edition/

Thanking you!

Friends still not showing up ingame but are in origin :(
    Ive yet to team up with anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

Yeah i've that problem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Afaik, they only show if they are on the same server as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I must be a masochist, cause I've decided to buy it today. How are the servers working today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Blisterman wrote: »
    I must be a masochist, cause I've decided to buy it today. How are the servers working today?

Perfect, I'm on EU East 3 and same as yesterday clicked to join and got straight in. Played for over 12 hours straight without one disconnect. Been on for about an hour this morning without issue.

If you are starting out and a server says too busy or just won't let you in just choose a different server. The problem is your city is trapped on that server for ever. With all the jumping I did over the last few days I have around 6 cities started on different servers. This one is perfect though I have two cities next to each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Ok now this is stupid. Prior to just now, when I ran the game it tried to load the server I had my city on. Now it starts on the server selection list and I have to pick my server, which I cant remember which one it was, and I have to wait 20 mins to try and see if i picked the right one...............

Advertisement