Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Make sure they are connected via road and rail. I just started a new mining city only to discover that the roads don't connect to my other cities so ill need to choose a different location.

Road and rail?

They're connected by road, so that ain't enough?

Edit: got it working. It just takes time. The cities are only connected by road so both road and rail aren't required. You need strip almost all it the possible options for the workers on your first city and make sure they match the type of wealth jobs you are targeting in the other city. Build it and they will come...

When this game is actually working, it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

i've spent all morning building a new city. Servers crashed and kicked me out at 2pm and now i can't get back into the server that my city is on.

This has to be the worst set-up for a game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Are the region's working properly yet? Last night my industrial city wasn't fulfilling the freight orders of my other city. (They are connected by road)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Been on all day and I have the fear of logging off. I have a private region but I cant figure out how to invite friends? (as it said when I created it, invite only) Anyone know?

Also anyone know how to do a screenshot, I have a fantastic city that is bulging at the seems, over 110k population and growing. University, Airport and huge oil/petrol plants

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just tap C. You should go into options first and tick the option that disables the UI when taking a screenshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hey, just ran a can I run this and only got a pass, its my video card thats the problem, everything else is well above the recommended. How will this effect game play? Should I just wait until they do a console port, really don't want to play a console port though.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hey, just ran a can I run this and only got a pass, its my video card thats the problem, everything else is well above the recommended. How will this effect game play? Should I just wait until they do a console port, really don't want to play a console port though.

I can say with 99% certainty that won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Kirby wrote: »
    I can say with 99% certainty that won't happen.

How will it run on my computer through, I can't upgrade my laptop, I'm stuck with the video card I have, is a pass sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    How will it run on my computer through, I can't upgrade my laptop, I'm stuck with the video card I have, is a pass sufficient?

It probably will tbh. The game isn't that intensive, but it is a SIM so I'd personally prefer it looking really nice. I have everything maxed in my game.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I haven't had any issues at all playing on EU servers today. It's the tiny city size that bugs me way more. Running out of space so quick is just a pain in the ass.

I'm Maximilian002 on Origin if anyone wants some company in a region.

• Advertisement

Maximilian wrote: »
    I haven't had any issues at all playing on EU servers today. It's the tiny city size that bugs me way more. Running out of space so quick is just a pain in the ass.

I'm Maximilian002 on Origin if anyone wants some company in a region.

I was having that issue too, but I discovered something yesterday (discussed a few pages back) where I've used only a tiny portion of my map and I'm already very close to 100K.

EDIT: Already have a city with 200K+
    EDIT 2: Join our Region "Servers Busy" on EU West 2.

I was having that issue too, but I discovered something yesterday (discussed a few pages back) where I've used only a tiny portion of my map and I'm already very close to 100K.

Did you demolish everything?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'll need an invite - because helpfully EA haven't included a search function.

They really thought this through, didn't they?

Mc Love wrote: »
    Did you demolish everything?

Everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Server is full. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Argh I was on the wrong server for the boards region the whole time, was on Europe west 3, saying west 2 is full at the moment will try to get on to it later

Anyone know how to invite someone to their region?

Spark_2013-03-10_16-08-25_zps6cf7e922.png

Spark_2013-03-10_16-08-49_zps15a3679e.png

Spark_2013-03-10_16-09-23_zps273b7113.png

Harp City University
    Spark_2013-03-10_16-10-06_zps97cd47e7.png

The Mayors mansion
    Spark_2013-03-10_16-11-06_zps67bf795b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

What about starting it on Europe east 4? seems to be the only available one atm. It Being peak time now and still available im sure itll be ok for everyone to get on to over the week.

Europe West 2 has no queue at the moment.

I've started a region called "Boards". I'll keep it private and invite only.

2 is full for me and EU West 1 has slots but won't let me connect for nearly two hours!

• Advertisement

Hmmm- I have a feeling you get some kind of priority if you already have a game going on a server. I got in straight away

Just received an update there.

Maybe they've increased the server capacity. Alternatively, capacity is constantly varying. Not sure. I've had very little issues since launch.

Buildings now appear beside the server status, i don't think that was there before?

Good stuff. I've added you there. Invite when you can please. I'm hokempokem on origin.

I might go pure industry this time for some variety. ....... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Feel free to throw me an invite too, but be warned - I am still only getting the hang of things! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yeah I still can't get on to west 2. I might set up a region on Eu west 3 if anyone is interested I can send them an invite. NotorietyH is my Origin ID.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just had a quick game of Tropico 4 while i couldnt connect and OMFG the freedom was a joy to play.
    I know i keep banging on about it but the number one issue for me with SC is the tiny map size,its actually shocking how wrong they got it.

I can never seem to find an empty city to claim in a region . . . also very annoying that you cannot claim abandoned cities due to not owning certain in game content.
    Dcully wrote: »
    Just had a quick game of Tropico 4 while i couldnt connect and OMFG the freedom was a joy to play.
    I know i keep banging on about it but the number one issue for me with SC is the tiny map size,its actually shocking how wrong they got it.

They will definetly increase the map size, but I just hope that they dont try and charge us.

• Advertisement

Invite plx max :)

Advertisement