Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'll take an invite too:

Quarrymanpaul

That's if I manage to drag myself away from my growing metropolis and want to risk to playing the server gamble to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Maximilian wrote: »
    Europe West 2 has no queue at the moment.

I've started a region called "Boards". I'll keep it private and invite only.

Invite please, nesf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just invited one or two there!

Pissed off that I lost 500k on a great works site and it didnt even go through, was loading for about 20 minutes too :(

NM - just checked and still pending approval. If you do intend playing in "Giants Landing" include the name of an alcoholic beverage in the city name :D Have two so far: Harp City and Smithwichland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I am now sending Alloy and Metal to our International Airport. Need someone to do the same with Crude Oil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else cant get in ?this is a bloody joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Anyone else cant get in ?this is a bloody joke.

Having problems here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Europe West 3 has been taken down for an upgrade, that's where my cities are etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else on europe east 4 having problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone having an issue where cities in a region aren't working together?

When I try and buy in electricity, no power reaches my town, and when I unlock region wide new items, by building departments of transportation, etc. they don't allow me to build them. And if I try and gift things, they never arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

If anyone has a spare slot, for an invite, my Origin ID is "Colm"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 offtheboat

I've started up a multiplayer on Europe West 4 called 'galway'. It's the largest style of region (plenty of room), so if anyone wants invites, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

offtheboat wrote: »
    I've started up a multiplayer on Europe West 4 called 'galway'. It's the largest style of region (plenty of room), so if anyone wants invites, let me know.

I'd love one please, every region is full or nobody joins my region, can't try the inter city stuff at all!

ID: lhgluke

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Blisterman wrote: »

When I try and buy in electricity, no power reaches my town, and when I unlock region wide new items, by building departments of transportation, etc. they don't allow me to build them. And if I try and gift things, they never arrive?

I have the same problem, there seems to be considerable lag on sharing things in region. Gifts can take a while, same with sharing utilities.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The invite thing is messy. Can't seem to invite people. bit of a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The invite thing is messy. Can't seem to invite people. bit of a joke

I made a new city in "Servers busy" beside you anyway. "Industria!" Take one guess at my speciality :p

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Kirby wrote: »
    I made a new city in "Servers busy" beside you anyway. "Industria!" Take one guess at my speciality :p

Can I get an invite please? lhgluke

Blisterman wrote: »

yeah it happened me earlier, i tried to gift myself 500k from one of my city's to my new city and it never appeared. Also my purchase of the works site was taking ages before I left. And I had the same issue with the departments and utilities.

Best time to get on is very early morning and stay logged in all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wilted

The new antartica server is running fine :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

whats the story with EU West 3?

Says its available, but can't connect to it.

The servers being down is bad enough, the lack of correct / detailed information on their statuses in the launcher is infuriatingly amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Went to visit Maxamillians city beside me. Mistake, servers kicked me and I've spent the last 30 mins trying to get back on. Can't get onto europe west 1,2 or 3. Apparently they are applying upgrades......

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Went to visit Maxamillians city beside me. Mistake, servers kicked me and I've spent the last 30 mins trying to get back on. Can't get onto europe west 1,2 or 3. Apparently they are applying upgrades......

Thats happened to me on occasion too lol :D :mad:

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

In case anyone didn't see:
    In an effort to further improve stability and performance (as well as allow for larger capacity), we will be temporarily taking down Europe West 2 and Europe West 3 for a hardware upgrades We are diligently striving to restore optimal gameplay status as soon as possible. Please bear with us for this scheduled maintenance. Rest assured, no saves or data will be lost. You will be notified in-game when we will be temporarily taking down the server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 offtheboat

Yeah, the servers have gone a bit crazy. EUW4 went down just minutes after i sent colm & lhgluke invites.

oh, it just came back up now!

where did that status message about server maintenance appear? I couldn't see anything in the laucher, on the forums or on the official site, must have missed it.

Branoic wrote: »
    where did that status message about server maintenance appear? I couldn't see anything in the laucher, on the forums or on the official site, must have missed it.

https://help.ea.com/article/why-cant-i-connect-to-simcity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Branoic wrote: »

Simcity twitter account, really annoying that this is how company's give out info these days

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭macsauce

Hi Guys, Just wondering if i could get some advice on whether to download this or not. What is the current situation like? Is it playable? thanks

started a public region called boards.ie on East Europe 1, so no need to worry about invites

oh ffs. I've been trying EU West 3 every couple of minutes to check if it's come back up after its upgrading - looks like its back up, but with an hour and a half wait! It could only literally have come back online and filled up within the space of about 5 minutes. Looks like their upgrade didn't do much for capacity!

• Advertisement

started a public region called boards.ie on East Europe 1, so no need to worry about invites

How do you search for public regions? I just jumped on to East Europe 1 and tried manually searching, but that's unworkable. There doesn't seem to be a search function?

Advertisement