Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 offtheboat

If anyone else is looking for an invite and doesn't want to wait for me to check this thread, send an origin friend request to galwaybeard and I'll invite you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I'll take any invites going - origin name same as boards - Branoic.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right everyone seems to be inviting everyone else so may not be a need for a specific boards region think we can all manage it ourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Only getting as far as the resume/play/simcityworld screen and no further at the moment :(

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Only getting as far as the resume/play/simcityworld screen and no further at the moment :(

Yeah im just getting "login is closed at the moment check back soon" ****ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Fcuk sake, have to wait for 18 minutes on an "available" server.

Fcuk sake, have to wait for 18 minutes on an "available" server.

At least your getting that im not even allowed login

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tweeted this evening from SimCity's official twitter a/c
    We have no intention of offlining SimCity any time soon but we'll look into that as part of our earning back your trust efforts.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Out of interest, can someone limit their PC to pass only about 1kb/s? If SimCity still works flawlessly the Glassbox stuff is pretty much debunked. That tweet is a bit misleading but at the same time it hints that offline is indeed possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Been playing for the last couple of hours on Euro East 4, with intermittent server d/c. According to the twitter update West 3 is back up, have yet to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Blisterman wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue where cities in a region aren't working together?

When I try and buy in electricity, no power reaches my town, and when I unlock region wide new items, by building departments of transportation, etc. they don't allow me to build them. And if I try and gift things, they never arrive?

Ok, after literally about 4 hours of playing, I get about 50 messages at once saying all the things I can build, and gifted things I've recieved and it seems to be working.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Out of interest, can someone limit their PC to pass only about 1kb/s? If SimCity still works flawlessly the Glassbox stuff is pretty much debunked. That tweet is a bit misleading but at the same time it hints that offline is indeed possible.

Someone on Reddit was saying the transfer was around 50MB an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Really want to get this game ater watching som videos of it, but the whole server crap is really turning me off it, especially with the amount of downtime :/ If it goes offline, ill be straight on it!

nesf wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit was saying the transfer was around 50MB an hour.

Well what I'm asking then is to limit traffic to 1/14th of that and see the performance outcome. And post the findings of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

https://store.origin.com/store?Action=DisplayPage&IsGift=no&Locale=en_IN&SiteID=easa&id=ThreePgCheckoutShoppingCartPage
    SimCity™ Limited Edition for 21 euro threw indian website
    1499 Indian Rupee = 21 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think it's fair to say that unless the crowd at Maxis are innovative geniuses the whole "glassbox cloud processing" concept is a load of tosh.

Might be handier for you guys. There's a site up that has current server status and is history for the last 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

EU West 2 is back up, there's a queue though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Maximilian wrote: »
    started a public region called boards.ie on East Europe 1, so no need to worry about invites

It's full.

Would we be better off picking antarctica? I mean, this isn't twitch gaming. A few more ms won't kill us. And atleast we can all get on at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Somehow I doubt they actually have a server in Antarctica

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's on the list. Scroll up. I believe it. You would never have to worry about server farm cooling! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

*** BIG NEWS ***

If you change your home region to India (when setting up Origin) and you download the game via Origin you can get the game for 21 EURO. HALF the price of RRP here. It's legit and works, at least at the time of writing. You may not be eligible for the free game EA are giving out next week or whatever but that's up to you.

*** BIG NEWS ***

If you change your home region to India (when setting up Origin) and you download the game via Origin you can get the game for 21 EURO. HALF the price of RRP here. It's legit and works, at least at the time of writing. You may not be eligible for the free game EA are giving out next week or whatever but that's up to you.

There might be a problem with that: http://www.reddit.com/r/SimCity/comments/1a1g8x/warning_banned_for_buying_from_india/

Well obviously you risk problems by taking this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

I'd be wary of changing region to buy it cheaper, you could do this with Steam as long as i remember by paying in dollars etc but can lead to banning

Very useful image! http://imgur.com/a/lArUR :D

I don't get it :(

I don't get it :(

The thin line behind the zoning line indicates the amount of space needed for high density building. You can use it to work out your grid for max density.

• Advertisement

The thin line behind the zoning line indicates the amount of space needed for high density building. You can use it to work out your grid for max density.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. I think I get it now :>

Advertisement