Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Give it a few more days they announced on the forums that there is a patch on its way to fix the city rollbacks and a bunch of other stuff. Guy there hinted it would be the end of this week.

I was lucky enough not to have much server or city roll back problems. My main gripe is the RCI not working, traffic and fire engines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

jonny666 wrote: »
    I was lucky enough not to have much server or city roll back problems. My main gripe is the RCI not working, traffic and fire engines

A few patches have gone out to address some traffic issues but I have been busy with Bioshock for the last few days so have not had a chance to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

I was really looking forward to playing this game. I have never used Origin before so it came as a massive shock when I tried to download the game earlier today.

When you open Origin or the Origin store it changes the language to the language of the country you are in. So the fact that I live in Korea, everything shows up in Korean.

Why does it do this? It's so inconvenient. I have searched for this issue and it seems to be a known issue for years. It baffles me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

MooShop wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to playing this game. I have never used Origin before so it came as a massive shock when I tried to download the game earlier today.

When you open Origin or the Origin store it changes the language to the language of the country you are in. So the fact that I live in Korea, everything shows up in Korean.

Why does it do this? It's so inconvenient. I have searched for this issue and it seems to be a known issue for years. It baffles me.

Hmm that odd alright. Did you get it changed back to English? If not click Orign (top left), choose the 5th option down and you can change the language to English from the drop down menu. It should stay as English.

Hmm that odd alright. Did you get it changed back to English? If not click Orign (top left), choose the 5th option down and you can change the language to English from the drop down menu. It should stay as English.

From what I have read on various other forums is that Origin localises to the language of the country where your IP-address is from. Tried running a proxy but keeps timing out when I try to purchase the game.

When I try and change the language in the Origin store, top left hand corner Korean flag, it just jumps to some other EA page.

I could probably get it downloaded although it's in Korean, language ability is okay! But my concern is will it be playable in English if I do download it that way.

From what I have read it seems like it stays in the local language, which would suck. But maybe I'm picking it up wrong.

If anyone has had similar issues in a foreign country or knows a viable work-around, I'd love to hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

From what I have read on various other forums is that Origin localises to the language of the country where your IP-address is from. Tried running a proxy but keeps timing out when I try to purchase the game.

When I try and change the language in the Origin store, top left hand corner Korean flag, it just jumps to some other EA page.

I could probably get it downloaded although it's in Korean, language ability is okay! But my concern is will it be playable in English if I do download it that way.

From what I have read it seems like it stays in the local language, which would suck. But maybe I'm picking it up wrong.

If anyone has had similar issues in a foreign country or knows a viable work-around, I'd love to hear it.

I imagine it's some kind of effort at region control by EA? Trying to stop the English speaking gaming world using VPNs or proxies to buy cheap in Asia or whatever.

nesf wrote: »
    I imagine it's some kind of effort at region control by EA? Trying to stop the English speaking gaming world using VPNs or proxies to buy cheap in Asia or whatever.

Hmm, maybe. I was just really annoyed last night, been watching some game-play videos on YouTube and really want to play it!

I wonder if I download it in Korean, would I be able to add a patch to play it in English?

I'm not exactly sure how it works because I have never used Origin or Steam! :o

Got it downloaded. Took a little while to navigate my way through the Korean forms but managed it and it plays in English.

Can't wait to get cracking on with it! Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Got it downloaded. Took a little while to navigate my way through the Korean forms but managed it and it plays in English.

Can't wait to get cracking on with it! Thanks for your comments and suggestions!

Let us know if kim jong un is a disaster option in the Korean version :pac:

hal9000 wrote: »
    Let us know if kim jong un a disaster option in the Korean version :pac:

Actually there is....this little guy runs on the screen and starts thumping and kicking City hall sign!!

Low and behold a cop showed up and banged him in jail!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

This is driving me mad.

Is there a limit on how much of a service I can share between cities? I have one city (purely dedicated to producing power) showing 220MW excess. Then the neighbouring city starved showing a 67MW deficit. I've set the 1st city to supply the other but it doesn't want to give any more than 74MW.

Am I missing something here. I've sat on the region view for a while to see if it just takes time but nope, no joy. I've exited and restarted the game but nada. Any solution here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

quarryman wrote: »
    This is driving me mad.

Is there a limit on how much of a service I can share between cities? I have one city (purely dedicated to producing power) showing 220MW excess. Then the neighbouring city starved showing a 67MW deficit. I've set the 1st city to supply the other but it doesn't want to give any more than 74MW.

Am I missing something here. I've sat on the region view for a while to see if it just takes time but nope, no joy. I've exited and restarted the game but nada. Any solution here?

The game is broken, no solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gypsycrust

This is driving me mad.

Yes, you probably are. It does not work the way you might think.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Regional-water-and-power-being-offered-evenly-NOT-BASED-ON/td-p/803644

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/108224/how-do-regions-handle-the-division-of-excess-utility-capacities

Really dumb in my opinion.

Ah! Ok this makes sense then. So need to provide x times the amount of power that I need where x is the number of cities I have.

Right that's dumb alright, but at least things seem to be working now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

gypsycrust wrote: »

That is a really shît way to do things. They really messed this game up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The game is broken, no solution.

Sadly its soo broken its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This is driving me mad.

Also if you have a look at the power data maps when in region view, you can see how much power is actually available from your power city and how much is needed for your non-power city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Seen this?

A Libertarians wet dream... Set all taxes to zero and all social problems go away....

http://imgur.com/a/gW7F9

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Agent J wrote: »
    Seen this?

A Libertarians wet dream... Set all taxes to zero and all social problems go away....

That's hilarious if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Seen this?

I think commercial increases crime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Seen this?

This game gets closer and closer to a farce as time goes on. How do the people that made it keep a straight face? What will they put on their cv's? Mental.

This game gets closer and closer to a farce as time goes on. How do the people that made it keep a straight face? What will they put on their cv's? Mental.

Ok we get the point. The game has problems, you don't need to remind us after every post.

I have to be honest, if I didn't know about the other game's flaws, I'd assume this libertarian utopia to be one super awesome easter egg. Being the optimist that I am, I shall assume this is still the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

A farce translates to more than just problems,the game is a complete and utter farce.
    I said it two weeks after release and say it again this is the most broken game in history and the worst bit is maxis and ea knew full well too but didnt give a fcuk as the pre orders count mounted up.
    If i was to sum up this game and launch id say its the biggest disgrace in gaming,its absolutely shocking the state it is released in, and yet we still have fools trying to defend the game ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dcully wrote: »
    yet we still have fools trying to defend the game ffs :rolleyes:
    I haven't been able to play it in quite some time. Every time I think "I'll play it, see if they've fixed it", and either I can't get in, or I get in, play for 20 minutes, and get kicked out of my game. Haven't tried in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Started playin it the other day, my first time properly playing this type of game, and ive been logging into my city no problem, but my god the city's are terribly small!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Bit late for Aprils fools Maxis. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pumping in commercial advertising before youve fixed a broken product is disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 TSW2014

Are the issues on this resolved, I might purchase it soon.

Advertisement