Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wicklow CC & Planning in forested areas

• 16-02-2013 5:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

I know that planning permission in Wicklow (and a good few other counties) is generally impossible to get on land you own if you don't meet the local needs criteria.

But I have come across some forested areas in the mountains that have small chalets on them which is what I want to ask about. A friend has 15 acres of forest in the hills and would like to place a small chalet (approx 40-50sqm in the middle of it, basically somewhere he and his family/friends could spend their weekends in the natural surroundings. The tree tops would be far higher than the chalet and it wouldn't be visible whatsoever from any road.

Is there any guidelines for a development like this ? Is it something that WCC are open to, I'm guessing it might be as a few people seem to have them or at least I see them come up for sale now and again.

edit: 3,000th post, woot !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

It is possible for you to go into the planning office and talk to a planner about what you have in mind and they will advise you on an application and whether it would be viable or not. It will give you an idea how to apply but you will still have to go through the proper planning process and maybe know what might get approval or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thanks PixbyJohn- I will do just that and see what they might be open to.

Advertisement