Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Facility Fee

Options
  • 16-02-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

I had a charge of €25.39 from AIB yesterday for "Facility Fee". I see the terms of their overdraft states "A Facility Fee of EUR25.39 per annum or per overdraft sanction will apply."

Does anyone know when the "per annum" fee usually comes out? I didn't go into my overdraft this month (but was close), so if this isn't the per annum fee I'll dispute it with them.

Also I don't remember having to pay this per annum fee before, did it come in with their new charges?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

BabyBirch wrote: »
    I had a charge of €25.39 from AIB yesterday for "Facility Fee". I see the terms of their overdraft states "A Facility Fee of EUR25.39 per annum or per overdraft sanction will apply."

Does anyone know when the "per annum" fee usually comes out? I didn't go into my overdraft this month (but was close), so if this isn't the per annum fee I'll dispute it with them.

Also I don't remember having to pay this per annum fee before, did it come in with their new charges?
    It comes out every 12 months on the 'anniversary' of the facility being originally arranged & you are charged whether you use the overdraft or not. The charge was never refunded as part of the free fees (unless perhaps if your are over 60).

Check your February statements for previous years & no doubt you'll see it appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

The charge was never refunded as part of the free fees (unless perhaps if your are over 60).
    ...or Student/Graduate account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

dotsman wrote: »
    ...or Student/Graduate account.

Ah, I have a graduate account. That's a pain, I'll check but I don't remember paying it in the past :(

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

BabyBirch wrote: »
    Ah, I have a graduate account. That's a pain, I'll check but I don't remember paying it in the past :(

Thanks!
    How long have you had the Graduate account? I think they expire after a year or two and then get reverted to normal accounts (that don't have the free overdraft)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭BabyBirch

Yep I've had a graduate account for at least two years, maybe longer.
    AIB account fees just seem to be endless :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement