Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics - Electromagnetic Induction

• 16-02-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Do we have to learn all the experiments on demonstrating electromagnetic induction or just one of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

There's more than one? I only know the Lenz's Law experiment. I don't recall others..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

There aren't any mandatory ones are there? There is one for each law alright but not on section A as far as I know. I put my section A notes up online they might help you out :)
    http://leavingcertnotes.blog.com/physics/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

If you look at the questions that gave come up on section B, you need to know one of them and to be able to explain the theory of it to a problem eg magnet swinging on string, why does it slow considerably when copper is placed below it?

decisions wrote: »
    If you look at the questions that gave come up on section B, you need to know one of them and to be able to explain the theory of it to a problem eg magnet swinging on string, why does it slow considerably when copper is placed below it?

Yeah you need to know the idea behind it alright but not in the detail you'd need to know the section A ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Well there is no mandatory experiment on it so no.

• Advertisement

decisions wrote: »
    Well there is no mandatory experiment on it so no.
    Sure there is, there are a set list of ones that can come up for section A, the method they ask for each may vary, however.

Section B, can contain non-mandatory experiments and ones that you have not necessarily done before but which you should be able to deduce based on certain principles/laws you have learned throughout the leaving cert course.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 robert12345

Alright, thanks. It's just that on the Real Physics book it says Experiments To Demonstrate Electromagnetic Induction and there is a number of different diagrams explaining it (Pg. 310). I ended up just learning the first part of the experiments since it came up in 2004 Q12 (c) and you got full marks if you just explained the first part.

Advertisement