Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marui M14 not firing

• 16-02-2013 1:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

I bought this gun a few weeks back and have fired it a few times to empty the mag it came with. It was firing fine up to the point I emptied the mag. This morning I decided to take it out to zero the sights in so I filled the mag up with my speed loader, inserted it and fired. The gun cycled and fired but no bb's came out. I tried a few times on semi and full auto but nothing. I ejected the mag and a half dozen bb's came out of the mag well. I then put my hand over the end of the muzzle (after checking that the were no bbs in the gun) and fired again. I felt the air blast so it appears to be a feeding problem (but I'm open to any opinions).

Can anyone give me an indication of a likely problem with this as it is a lovely looking aeg but pretty much useless at the moment.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

I bought this gun a few weeks back and have fired it a few times to empty the mag it came with. It was firing fine up to the point I emptied the mag. This morning I decided to take it out to zero the sights in so I filled the mag up with my speed loader, inserted it and fired. The gun cycled and fired but no bb's came out. I tried a few times on semi and full auto but nothing. I ejected the mag and a half dozen bb's came out of the mag well. I then put my hand over the end of the muzzle (after checking that the were no bbs in the gun) and fired again. I felt the air blast so it appears to be a feeding problem (but I'm open to any opinions).

Can anyone give me an indication of a likely problem with this as it is a lovely looking aeg but pretty much useless at the moment.

Thanks

Either a hop up problem or a tappet plate problem. the tappet plate allows the BB's into the hop up chamber but a gearbox will still fire when one is snapped, and most people wouldn't hear the difference between a normal tappet palte and a snapped one. turn the M14 upside down and look into the mag well and fire the gun, does the air nozzle move back and forth like it should? (it may still move slightly due to vibrations so look carefully :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

The mag well on this gun is effectively a sealed box with the exception of the hole where the bbs feed up through. There are no visible moving parts except the hop up wheel.

I've had a few thoughts about this and in order to rule out me being a complete eejit, can someone advise if perhaps I've loaded the mags the wrong way, I.e. these mags don't have wheels to turn, or a cord to pull like the lonex mags. They don't have a hatch to flip open to fill the mag so I loaded the bbs via my speed loader down through the hole where bbs normally feed up through. The capacity of the mags is just 70 rounds so I think they are low caps (not sure though as all my other mags have the flip up feeding hatches on top).

I can't figure how the gun was shooting fine up to the point where I emptied the mag? It's been safe and sound in a rifle bag since so no one was near it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

The mag well on this gun is effectively a sealed box with the exception of the hole where the bbs feed up through. There are no visible moving parts except the hop up wheel.

I've had a few thoughts about this and in order to rule out me being a complete eejit, can someone advise if perhaps I've loaded the mags the wrong way, I.e. these mags don't have wheels to turn, or a cord to pull like the lonex mags. They don't have a hatch to flip open to fill the mag so I loaded the bbs via my speed loader down through the hole where bbs normally feed up through. The capacity of the mags is just 70 rounds so I think they are low caps (not sure though as all my other mags have the flip up feeding hatches on top).

I can't figure how the gun was shooting fine up to the point where I emptied the mag? It's been safe and sound in a rifle bag since so no one was near it.

No you loaded them fine, try loading 30 bb's for arguments and see if she feeds then. Its odd but if you over fill mags sometimes they feed terribly happens to my brothers vfc, feed terribly almost to the point of not feeding sometimes when full, and when you load lets says 20 less or so fires like a dream :confused: and this is with vfc mags .

What bb's are you using?.

Is the gearbox making a weird noise by chance?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭estfront

Sleepershark is doing some tech work in red hills tomorrow if your around, can get him to have a look for you and bring some M14 mags if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

No you loaded them fine, try loading 30 bb's for arguments and see if she feeds then. Its odd but if you over fill mags sometimes they feed terribly happens to my brothers vfc, feed terribly almost to the point of not feeding sometimes when full, and when you load lets says 20 less or so fires like a dream :confused: and this is with vfc mags .

What bb's are you using?.

Is the gearbox making a weird noise by chance?.

I did fill the mags right to the top. I'll empty them and half fill to see if that works. Although about 6 or 7 bbs did come out of the magwell each time I ejected the mag so I think they are feeding up but not getting into the actual hop up. The gearbox sounds fine to me (but what do I know:o)

As for the bbs, I only use King Arms .25's and they've never given me a problem. Thanks for the advice anyway mate.
    estfront wrote: »
    Sleepershark is doing some tech work in red hills tomorrow if your around, can get him to have a look for you and bring some M14 mags if your interested.

Thanks mate but my ex took off for a romantic weekend break for herself and I'm babysitting my five kids so I can't make it. Pity though as Redhills is just 25 minutes from my place.

• Advertisement

the mag well should look like that, look into the hop up unit itself. Take your M4 and turn it upside down, pull the trigger and you should notice the air nozzle moving back and forth (it may be hard to see as it's dark and difficult to get a good look down the hop up), do this to the M14 and see if the same part is moving. it sounds to me like it could be that. The next option is to dissasemble the hop up chamber and put it back together. Your last resort it to manually load the rifle by dropping a BB into the hop up chamber with the rifle turned upside down, push the BB down carefully and fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

T4RGET wrote: »
    (it may be hard to see as it's dark and difficult to get a good look down the hop up)

Try these:

040410397.jpg

They can be bought for €10 to €15 euros, in just about any hardware store and hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I did fill the mags right to the top. I'll empty them and half fill to see if that works. Although about 6 or 7 bbs did come out of the magwell each time I ejected the mag so I think they are feeding up but not getting into the actual hop up. The gearbox sounds fine to me (but what do I know:o)

As for the bbs, I only use King Arms .25's and they've never given me a problem. Thanks for the advice anyway mate.

Well you can rule out the bb's then, that happens when you remove a mag you will always get a few bb's flying out, would not worry bout it. Did u try firing with the hop up completely off?. Give the barrel a clean also!.

Try these:

They can be bought for €10 to €15 euros, in just about any hardware store and hope this helps :)

I have a pair myself but for something like this a normal torch should be grand :)

Advertisement