Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup weekend

• 16-02-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭

THE FA CUP - FIFTH ROUND

Saturday

Luton v Millwall (12:45)
    Arsenal v Blackburn (15:00)
    MK Dons v Barnsley (15:00)
    Oldham v Everton (18:00)

Sunday

Man City v Leeds United (14:00)
    Huddersfield v Wigan (15:55)

Monday
    Man Utd v Reading (20:00)

Sunday
    Chelsea v Brentford (12:00)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

LINE-UPS- Luton v Millwall (1245 GMT)
    Luton: Tyler, Taylor, Henry, Kovacs, Howells, Lawless, Smith, Mendy, O'Donnell, Rendell, Gray. Subs: Brill, Shaw, Fleetwood, Lacey, Robinson, Woolley, Longden.

Millwall: Forde, Dunne, Beevers, Osborne, Lowry, Henry, Trotter, Abdou, Feeney, Hulse, Keogh. Subs: Maik Taylor, Wright, Marquis, N'Guessan, Goodman, Adam Smith, Malone.

Referee: Lee Probert (Wiltshire)

Millwall two up.

Arsenal v Blackburn

Arsenal: Szczesny, Coquelin, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Diaby, Rosicky, Arteta, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

Subs: Mannone, Sagna, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski.

Blackburn: Kean, Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson, Pedersen, Williamson, Lowe, Markus Olsson, Kazim-Richards, Rhodes.

Subs: Usai, Givet, Fabio Nunes, Rekik, Nuno Gomes, Goodwillie, Bentley.

____

MK Dons v Barnsley

MK Dons: Martin; Otsemobor, MacKenzie, Williams, Lewington (c); Potter, Harley; Powell, Chadwick, Bowditch; Smith.

Subs: Kouo-Doumbe, Chicksen, Flanagan, Alli, Galloway, Lines, Rasulo.

Barnsley: Steele (c), Wiseman, Cranie, Kennedy, Golbourne, Hassell, Perkins, Etuhu, Mellis, Dagnall, Harewood.

Subs: Alnwick, Foster, Delap, Scotland, Cywka, Rose, O'Brien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not expecting anything from this game but just hope we don't get hammered. Two very weak links in the starting 11 in Markus and Orr. Good to see Fabio Nunes on the bench, he must be getting close to full fitness now.

If we somehow managed to keep a clean sheet for 70 minutes we have some subs who could give us a chance in Nunes, Gomes and maybe Bentley.

Great save by Kean.

Anybody else but Gervinho and I think we were one down. Kean has impressed again in the few things he has had to do. I don't think we can hang on though for another 45 playing so deep.

• Advertisement

I cannot believe this, if it holds it will be one of the greatest smash'n'grabs of all time. Come on Rovers!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

MK Dons 1-2 Barnsley - good game of football so far - into the last 15 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

eagle eye wrote: »
    I cannot believe this, if it holds it will be one of the greatest smash'n'grabs of all time. Come on Rovers!!!

Delighted :D

GTFI!!! Was just hoping we didn't get hammered. Its a smash and grab for sure but its just such a great feeling to beat one of the big clubs and get to the QFs of the FA Cup.

Since Appleton got the managers job things seem to have just gotten better. Unbeaten under him still and the playoffs are a real possibility now and who knows what could happen in the Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

My Blackburn mate will be over the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

arsenal going out of the cup, best birthday present ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Typical Arsenal :/

BDPUh9UCcAA8JLA.jpg

Tough times..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Everton:
    Howard, Neville, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Osman, Pienaar, Gibson, Fellaini, Anichebe, Jelavic

Oldham:
    Bouzanis, Brown, Mvoto, Tarkowski, Grounds, Croft, Obita, Weslowski, Baxter, Iwelumo, Barnard

Live at 6pm, ITV/UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Also on UTV.

Going for 3-0 to Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Hoping Jelavic can grab one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Delighted Heitinga isn't starting, genuinely think he isn't up to the standard required today.

2-1 to Everton.

2-0 up after an hour, no bother, then Howard will do something mental and we'll spend the last 20 minutes grimly clinging on to a 2-1 lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

If everton get through today they might be a decent punt for the cup

Hate those William Hill adverts on ITV.

• Advertisement

Was'nt expecting that, Latics one up.

1-1 now, Anichebe. Oldham have been VIC-timised. I smell VIC-tory!
    Hate those William Hill adverts on ITV.

My friend is convinced that a disproportionate number of the advertised bets end up winning, he always puts some money on it and tells me he's up overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

BDPUh9UCcAA8JLA.jpg

Tough times..

LOL

Just heard, as different balls are used in the FA cup compared to the League, Oldham asked the last teams that they beat, if they could have/borrow theirs to practise with, as they couldn't afford their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Poor misfortunes i hope they complete the liverpool double and get some cash out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

2-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

2-2!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Thoroughly deserved.

Played fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

YEESSS!!!!!

Not even annoyed, deserved every inch of that, dreadful for the final 25 minutes. Incredibly lucky not to have lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That'll be the result Oldham chiefs were hoping for at least, they'll get a nice pay day at Goodison now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The Oldham keeper will be happy he didn't get his hands to that, risky from him. Great game.

Kaz's reaction just after he hits the ball is funny. He thinks hes made a mess of it.:D

iAHOyiPyVKchs.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

That'll be the result Oldham chiefs were hoping for at least, they'll get a nice pay day at Goodison now.

In some ways we'd have preferred to go straight through, as doubtless we'd have been on TV again and made a bomb.

Happy enough with a replay though, more money in the coffers, and we beat them there not too long ago in the cup....

Come on Oldham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Watching the match thought it went over,
    Along with my hopes..
    One of few real chances...
    Would've rather he passed to Rhodes to score,
    Completing a bet,
    But at that moment in time, back of my mind... :P

Chelsea:
    Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Luiz, Lampard, Oscar, Mata, Moses, Ba. Subs: Turnbull, Ramires, Torres, Hazard, Azpilicueta, Benayoun, Bertrand.

Brentford:
    Moore, Logan, Craig, Dean, Bidwell, Adeyemi, Diagouraga, Douglas, Forshaw, Donaldson, Trotta. Subs: Lee, Barron, Saunders, Hodson, Forrester, Reeves, Hayes. Referee: Neil Swarbrick (Lancashire)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On tv?

Edit: have it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Ohh... Goal.. No advantage? Big chance here.....

Advantage should have been given, Chelsea maybe a bit lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Mushy wrote: »
    Advantage should have been given, Chelsea maybe a bit lucky.

Na, the Chelsea players all but stopped when they heard the whistle. If the ref hadn't ave blown I'd bet there'd be no goal.

Na, the Chelsea players all but stopped when they heard the whistle. If the ref hadn't ave blown I'd bet there'd be no goal.

Their fault for stopping but yeah, thats why I said maybe lucky. Was nicely finished though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

I see ian wright is a hipster now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

I hope Ashley Cole's elbow is ok after that incident.:p

2-0 Chelsea, two nice goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What was the defender on the line thinking??
    Watched it going through his own legs without making an effort to save it :confused:

3-0, nice goal Lampard.

Think Oscars flick fooled them, took deflection but couldn't react quickly enough.

3-0, Lamps...let him go Roman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Three more. C'Mon lampard!

Think Oscars flick fooled them, took deflection but couldn't react quickly enough.

3-0, Lamps...let him go Roman!
    Watch the man on the line again if you can, it's liked he was glued to the ground or his reflexes deserted him, there was no pace on it, should have done a lot better.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Watch the man on the line again if you can, it's liked he was glued to the ground or his reflexes deserted him, there was no pace on it, should have done a lot better.

Yeah but when your there and in action its different. Its easy for us to say looking at it. In cricket this morning, lad was dismissed when he hit ball into ground, it went backwards and he watched it fall into stumps. Similar to defender in this case, just froze!

Yeah but when your there and in action its different. Its easy for us to say looking at it. In cricket this morning, lad was dismissed when he hit ball into ground, it went backwards and he watched it fall into stumps. Similar to defender in this case, just froze!
    Yeah seen that too, it's a brainfart in both cases. Just saying he should easily done better, which he should.

• Advertisement
Advertisement