Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panicking :)

Options
  • 16-02-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Guys I put my booking deposit down mid january, how long will this be valid for?
    I am currently waiting for a cheque to clear so we can pay our deposit but its going to take about 6 weeks. Our mortgage offer needs to drawn on by 25th april.
    The builder/ estate agent didnt give us a completion date though is this normal?
    Will we still be ok to complete our buy? Just means we'll have to wait a few more weeks... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

These things take time - you aren't buying a bar of chocolate.

Drop a note to your solicitor and bank, telling them that the purchase seems to be proceeding and asking them what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

Guys I put my booking deposit down mid january, how long will this be valid for?
    I am currently waiting for a cheque to clear so we can pay our deposit but its going to take about 6 weeks. Our mortgage offer needs to drawn on by 25th april.
    The builder/ estate agent didnt give us a completion date though is this normal?
    Will we still be ok to complete our buy? Just means we'll have to wait a few more weeks... :confused:

What bank are you getting your mortgage from?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

:

A booking deposit has no validity. You can take it back or the vendor can give it back until the contracts are exchanged.

Advertisement