Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off and closing cc account

Options
  • 16-02-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I have a debt of 7k on a credit card with Mbna. I want to pay this off in one sum and close the account.
    If I offered say 6k in a lump sum to pay the account would it be registered with the ICB as a partial payment and result in a black mark against me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Why would they accept 6k for a debt of 7k. Would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

RiseToMe wrote: »
    I have a debt of 7k on a credit card with Mbna. I want to pay this off in one sum and close the account.
    If I offered say 6k in a lump sum to pay the account would it be registered with the ICB as a partial payment and result in a black mark against me?

If you offered and they accepted yes it would be marked on ICB as settled for a lesser figure. This would have a negative impact compared to a full settlement obviously. As noted already would need a strong reason for the bank to accept it. Very strong as why would they write off a grand when they dont have to.

Advertisement