Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AR for Android

Options
  • 16-02-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

I'm due to start my FYP in September, and one idea I am kicking around is developing an augmented reality map for the college showing info like, say, the timetable for a room etc

I had a quick search online about it, and came across wikitude as an SDK that integrates with Android.

Does anyone have any experience with this, or AR in general, that they could recommend how I may go about doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

If you use the wikitude sdk then all you are doing is making a custom filter/overlay for your uni. Not much development involved really, just a database of locations linking with relevant data.

Alternatively if you were to do it all yourself this would be a huge amount of effort (possibly too much).

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bundaegi

I'd look at metaio, Vuforia, and in2ar.

Advertisement