Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Homeless with family and pet

Options
  • 16-02-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Does any one know how to go about getting accommodation for a small family. One parent is a student and the other is hoping to become self-employed and is entitled to the back to enterprise scheme. I know time are tough for everyone but we would like be able to keep our pet dog, she is a lovely little thing but we don't have anyone to take her if we seek temporary accommodation. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. M
    If you are a Dublin landlord with a property difficult to let we would like to hear from you too thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,436 ✭✭✭Tow

I see in the news that the fourseasions will put you up with dogs etc, if you have a spare 7K as month.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Tow wrote: »
    I see in the news that the fourseasions will put you up with dogs etc, if you have a spare 7K as month.
    So helpful!

Op, try daft.ie.
    Tell landlords that your partner is self-employed. You WILL need 2 month's rent upfront (deposit and month in advance). Never sound vulnerable or self-pitying on the phone so avoid words like unemployed and homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Constructive posts only please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

I agree with poster above, approach it like a job interview!
    I was looking for a place with two cats a few years back and although it was hard there were several landlords who had no problem, granted they weren't the nicest places but it's not impossible.
    The fact you're a family is definitely a bonus too
    Best places to look for with pets are cottages. If you can do a bit of travelling there's always Wicklow! Loads of little cottages down there...

Also Dspca might be able to help take her off your hands for a while if you get stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

thanks for the advice, much appreciated, trying to figure how to get the deposit even together, need to magic up 1200.in the next 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

are you offering to lend me 7k thank you so much.
    I assume you were trying to cheer me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, so did you get offered a place, that you know how much deposit etc you'll need?

Advertisement