Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Hack Day Dublin and Maker Faire 2013

• 16-02-2013 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey guys

I'd like to let you know about two events I'm involved with running that hopefully you will be interested in 1) Science Hack Day Dublin (www.sciencehackdaydublin.com) and 2) Dublin Mini maker Faire (www.makerfairedublin.com)

Science Hack Day Dublin is on 2nd & 3rd of March in DCU, and is a free, community run, 36 hr hack-a-ton for engineers, developers, designers and artist. There are lots of electronics/ hardware projects already up on the ideas page, which would be probably along the lines of projects people on here are into.

Dublin Mini Maker Faire is on 27th of July, but the open call for projects is on now until March 1st. It is a really great event for showing off things you have made to the general public. We had 5000-7000 people there last year, lots of families and kids getting interesting in making, it's a really cool event (he said humbly)

I ran Irish Robotics Club for a few years, which I've now ended because I don't have time to keep it active and I think this forum is as good a platform for discussion. So I have a soft spot for robotics and would loved to see more of it at either of the events.

Hope to see some of you as Science hack day or your projects in the Maker Faire open call.

David

Advertisement