Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tate mode games

• 16-02-2013 4:14pm

What setups/games you lads running for tate mode?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you mean on your cab? Or console games which have a tate mode?

If I had a vertical cab I'd be buying up loads of them, only have the following at the moment -

Raiden
    Raiden 2
    Game Tengoku: The Game Paradise (with Jaleco mobo)
    Mercs (CPS1 mobo)
    Shikigami No Shiro (GNET mobo)

I think that's it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have taken the "budget" approach to Tate mode....
    Namely a 25" Philips tv, on its side!
    Works just fine, I have the DC, PS and PS2 plugged into it, good arcade sticks for each system, and it works a treat with Ibara, Homura, Raiden DX everything else.
    When I was using the Supergun in ran the GNet through it and the likes of Stag XII was pretty awesome there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I have my cab in horizontal mode and mane running whatever games in Tate mode.
    Granted the game screen is reduced but still.

Those cave games are addictive.

Its in my master plan to get a vert cab!
    just wondering what others have.
    Its my birthday in September,
    Might get one then :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Some coincidence your thread is. :pac: Just rotated my AWSD today, linky.

As for tate games, if we're talking arcade boards then I have:

Fighting Hawk (needs fixing)
    Raiden
    Raiden 2
    Raiden DX
    Strikers 1945
    Strikers 1945 II
    Wyvern Wings

Now I have the cab in tate mode, down the road I might put the 360 or PS2 back inside it. They have some brilliant ports.

I used to have a mame pc in there aswell which is a great setup.

I also have a supergun, MVS, B&O and Sony Trinitron TVs upstairs which are great for tate or yoko mode and give brilliant pictures. All about the lowres scanlines. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

My NNC is in tate, its a struggle to change it, I have bought a few cave PCB's over the last few months (don't tell the mrs) so that's all I play, would love a go of Gradius V on a Candy, Rygar, wonderboy, metrocross..... I was Loving the 360 and SFV when it was horizontal... Fuuuu this is why you want 2 cabs...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

safetyboy wrote: »
    My NNC is in tate, its a struggle to change it, I have bought a few cave PCB's over the last few months (don't tell the mrs) so that's all I play, would love a go of Gradius V on a Candy, Rygar, wonderboy, metrocross..... I was Loving the 360 and SFV when it was horizontal... Fuuuu this is why you want 2 cabs...

Seem to remember seeing your username popping up on some very tasty shmup sale threads. Did you get that ESP. Ra. De. in the end? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

8426988937_aeb3794c24_b.jpg

shhhhh

8428000620_3816bc3f0f_b.jpg

Advertisement