Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOG USING MY GARDEN AS HIS BATHROOM

• 16-02-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Please help, a dog that lives up the road has constantly being using my front garden as his personal bathroom :mad:

He has owners who just let him out every morning to roam the streets, i'm really fed up of it now, have put hours and thousands into my garden and he is ruining it.

Just been out to do some weeding and yet again there is more crap waiting for me to clean up, I have my own dogs to look after, why should I have to clean up after someone else's? Never mind he constantly pee's on my lawn and rips it up with his paws when he's finished.

They don't care, once they don't have to clean up their garden after him!!
    The dog warden doesn't seem to mind him roaming as it is licenced and friendly.

Every time I see him, I chase him out but its not working, he'll be back as soon as i'm gone and he has to go again!

Is there anything I can use to keep him out or anything I can do?

Please help a frustrated gardener :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I had the same problem for years, several dogs, and owners just shrugged and said its a dog, have to let him out to toilet.
    Only way I solved it was to put up a fence.

Edit: the guy who walked his dog on the lead and let it poop in my garden I did sort after much arguing, I bagged up the poop and returned it to him with a note saying "I think you forgot this" (left on doorstep, i'm not that bad!)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Wizard01

mymo wrote: »
    I had the same problem for years, several dogs, and owners just shrugged and said its a dog, have to let him out to toilet.
    Only way I solved it was to put up a fence.

Edit: the guy who walked his dog on the lead and let it poop in my garden I did sort after much arguing, I bagged up the poop and returned it to him with a note saying "I think you forgot this" (left on doorstep, i'm not that bad!)

Thanks for replying, our garden is fully enclosed, with gates at the front, even if we close the gates, he jumps over the wall!!
    Really frustrated, every time I go out to the garden, I alwas end up standing on some :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Wizard01 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying, our garden is fully enclosed, with gates at the front, even if we close the gates, he jumps over the wall!!
    Really frustrated, every time I go out to the garden, I alwas end up standing on some :eek:

:eek:
    How high is the wall/fence?
    Bloody annoying, I too have my own dogs, and wouldn't dream of letting them out to toilet! I bring poop bags everywhere!
    I really feel your pain, I tried lots of things but really only solution was the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Firstly if you can film the dog getting down to business in your garden, use your phone so then when you go knocking on this neighbours door returning their 'property' you can show them the evidence that it was, in fact, their dog.

Technically they are letting their dog roam and letting their dog foul so the dog warden should be informed. Maybe you should politely tell them this or if you think they're not going to care, go ahead and call the warden and show him said evidence of the dog left to roam and foul without being under control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We don't get it in our garden but the area is covered in poo and no excuse with bins dotted around - very very annoying. If you can catch the dog bag it and tie the bag to their collar so they bring it back to their owner - I did that in the park a while back when the owner was 1km away from their dog in the opposite direction during on lead time (I have the parked mapped out with my phone) teeehee! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I also had a similar problem op, and like yourself was initially met with resistance from the dog warden. So, in utter frustration, I took photos, and sent them with a letter to the county vet, who is essentially the pound manager and line manager of the wardens.
    The problem was sorted within days.
    At no stage did I diss the warden or call his judgment into question, I just went straight to the top, nice and politely!
    Like mymo, I have also delivered bags of dog poop back to their owners. That works too but can piss people off. In my case, this doesn't bother me too much, I'm not that close to the neighbours who think it's ok to let their dogs ****e in my garden!

Advertisement