Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sharing with couples

Options
  • 16-02-2013 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My partner and I have been sharing a house with a family for the past 7 months and now have to move because of the family's personal reasons. But do you think we can find somewhere that accepts couples? What are peoples problem with couples, I honestly don't understand it. We are mature and professional people who don't throw house parties, are quiet and very clean thanks to my slight ocd. Places that are advertised online show double beds but only offer it to one person, why?!

We have found some 2 bedroom apartments in the Lucan/Clondalkin area that are lovely if anyone is interested in living with us? 'Dreadful' couple business aside.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Derinda

I've shared with couples and 99% of the time there were no problems at all. In fact the only problem that occured was when a couple have a huge argument that impacts on the rest of the housemates - others being dragged into and choosing sides etc.

Have you considered a house share? Rent two rooms in a house that already has occupants?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cat_ness

As much as it sounds like my nose is going to grow here, we don't argue at all. Were the types to just not talk to each other for 10 minutes and then we give up. Even our current landlord can't get over how we never fight.

We have looked at house shares but there are none that allow couples. All the adverts that do allow couples on rent.ie myhome.ie and others have been taken but haven't been removed from the sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Would it not be simpler to rent a 1bed apartment,?or a 1bed studio flat .
    theres a wide range of apartments avaidable.
    some landlord s have an issue, eg i can get same rent ,
    from 1 person, as i,ll get from a couple for this space,SO why should i bother.

Advertisement