Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best in-ear phones for 30-50 quid?

• 16-02-2013 4:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

My expensive Sennheiser died......:(
    Cant afford 200 notes anymore so looking for best quality in the 30-50 quid range :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Were your Sennheiser's less than 2 years old? If so they're still in warranty.
    Might be worth checking if they'd repair them for less than 50, would be better than buying new ones.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

I've a pair of sennheiser cx300II and for in ear buds the sound is great. They're comfortable aswell

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

PPC wrote: »
    Were your Sennheiser's less than 2 years old? If so they're still in warranty.
    Might be worth checking if they'd repair them for less than 50, would be better than buying new ones.

Even if not, sennheiser might be able to repair them for less than your budget :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Try the Klipsch Pro Media, they're brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,748 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

leeomurchu wrote: »
    I've a pair of sennheiser cx300II and for in ear buds the sound is great. They're comfortable aswell
    These things barely last me a year each, really annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

I love my Soundmagic pl11 but you cnat really go wrong with Sennheiser or sony either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I'm using Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition, and before these had Soundmagic PL30. I'd recommend either. I found the PL30 slightly more comfortable with the over-ear design, but the sound is slightly nicer to my ears from the GR02.

I used Sennheiser cx300II before either of the above, and gave them away when the PL30 arrived. I'd rate them considerably lower.

few recommendations from my experience.

soundmagic e30 - best price is around 37 euro + postage from zococity.es but them seem out of stock at moment. nice balanced / sweet sound.

for 65usd you could get the vsonic gr06 - lendmeurears seller on ebay usually has best price. great sound, cable and build quality. sound isolation not amazing but good enough.

I have recommended sony mh1c which has amazing sound quality for the price but be warned that some users have had issues with fit and the cable. (it's originally a phone headset but works 100% with mp3 players). I am blown away by the sound quality but it's not ideal for use in sports or even walking fast as the cable microphonics (sound made by cable as it moves) can be annoying. still think that it's work a shot at this price (less than 20 euro). sound is better than either of the above 2 options.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Headset-SmartKey-Control-XPERIA/dp/B008OG16EQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361541654&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Same boat as the OP, my Sennheiser have yet again died. Love the sound but I barely get 9 months of less than moderate use out of them and won't be buying them again. Need something more durable and willing to sacrafice in sound quality.

the whole thing about in-ear-earphones not lasting a long time is that all iems are inherently delicate and need to be treated with a bit of respect or they won't last, regardless of make.

+ store them in a soft pouch. NOT in loose in your pocket or wrapped around your phone / ipod with the jack still in.

+ take it easy when taking them out of your ears - the wire connection to the earphone is the most delicate point.

Do these 2 simple things and they'll last a lot lot longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Consider it a sign: the CX-300s are mediocre 'phones in the first place. Good chance to break the cycle.

and wrap your earphones like this - figure of 8 method and tie-off. no tangles when you undo it. takes one five seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYGh81ZqGrE

Advertisement