Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a bicycle rack for a hymer

Options
  • 16-02-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

hey folks,

I would like to buy a bike rack for a 1993 hymer 554 we bought last year.

There are the two standard mounts for the top of the rack, and another fitting which is approx 38 inches lower that the top mounts. This must belong to a rack that was once fitted to the camper.

Here is a photo of the lower mount.

Can anyone tell me what sort of bicycle rack or what manufacturer i should be looking at to work with this mounting ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

hey folks,

There are the two standard mounts for the top of the rack, and another fitting which is approx 38 inches lower that the top mounts. This must belong to a rack that was once fitted to the camper.

Here is a photo of the lower mount.

Can anyone tell me what sort of bicycle rack or what manufacturer i should be looking at to work with this mounting ?

Thanks.

Why not remove it, fill the holes and fit whatever suits you. It looks like you have a few to fill anyway which I would do asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

paddyp wrote: »
    Why not remove it, fill the holes and fit whatever suits you.

I was reluctant to take it off only to have to drill more holes for another mount in the same location. From what I know (browsing forums) the lower mount has to go where there is a brace behind the panel. They can't just be attached to any ol place on the camper.

Maybe you're right, i should remove it and order a new one and not worry about matching it to what i have.

So, if I order any hymer compatible bike rack, I should be able to make it fit reasonably easily ?

I found this fiamma rack, and it seems to have an adjustable range between 90 to 135cm to fit the bracket. It looks like it's what i need.
    It looks like you have a few to fill anyway which I would do asap.

Ha, yes, good spot. That was an old Hymermobile decal that i had to remove as it was falling apart. I filled those holes with silicone just after taking the photo. I'm going to get a new one to cover that unsightly mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

I found this fiamma rack, and it seems to have an adjustable range between 90 to 135cm to fit the bracket. It looks like it's what i need.

£50 for shipping to Ireland!:eek: thats very steep.
    Any place in Ireland sell these?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Benbecul97 wrote: »

£50 for shipping to Ireland!:eek: thats very steep.
    Any place in Ireland sell these?
    We sell bike racks. Standard Fiamma ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

hey folks,

[URL="https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/69008/241323.jpg[/URL] is a photo of the lower mount.

Thanks.
    We are Hymer dealers, this looks like an omnistor bike rack.Give Peter a ring at Donagheys 0749111111 he probably will have the parts you're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    We sell bike racks. Standard Fiamma ones.

ah crap, sorry Aidan, I've already ordered one. I didn't think it would be something you guys would stock. Will keep you in mind for future purchases.
    We are Hymer dealers, this looks like an omnistor bike rack.Give Peter a ring at Donagheys 0749111111 he probably will have the parts you're looking for.

Thanks, make sense, the awning on the camper is an omnistor so the previous owner might have used the same manufacturer. I went with a fiamma in the end based on drawings and what looked to be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭WildWater

dorts wrote: »

I've dealt with these guys on the phone and in person and I have to say that the guys in the parts and accessories shop in Donaghey's were very helpful and the shipping service is very efficient. I should add that the guys on the forecourt were very friendly also but I have no experience of actually buying from them.

Hope to make it up to their open weekend in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ah crap, sorry Aidan, I've already ordered one. I didn't think it would be something you guys would stock..
    No hassle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mhen66

Hi , I'm also looking for a bike rack for a 1994 Hymer B584. It has the two top mounts but not the bottom mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭karmaan

Hi
    Just fitted an omnistor 2bike rack to my 96 b584, i had to replace the top brackets , same hole centres.
    t

• Advertisement

Hi Karmaan, what type rack and where did u purchase?

Thule Omnibike Elite (2 Bikes)
    From Donaghys 255e incl delivery

Changing The bracket behind the shower cubicle was awkward
    t

Excuse my ignorance, was there much to it?

replacing the top brackets was awkward, the new bracket RHS snagged slightly on the top of the rear window surround, ill pm my no
    t

Advertisement