Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM

Options
  • 16-02-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I have a HKC alarm installed with the GSM dialler, the sim card was taken out to register it online and put back in, but now the gsm status light beside the sim on the main panel is flashing red ( three flashes) and also the alarm has a gsm line fault, can I fix this myself, if so how? or do i need to get the installer back,
    thanks in advance
    Claire

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Power down the system completely. Turn off the mains power & disconnect the back up battery. Wait 1 minute and power up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 claireco

Thanks for the quick reply, I done this turned off the mains and then removed the battery from the alarm, but unfortunately still getting the same gsm line fault error on the alarm, any other ideas? cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried the SIM in your phone to confirm that works.

yeh I put it in my spare phone and it worked, sent a txt from it and rang the number from my own phone

And is the PIN turned off?

• Advertisement

yeh pin is 0000, the sim worked grand when the engineer put it in, twas just i took it out to register it online and then put it back in again, and got the error. I know when he put it in originally he said the signal strength wasnt 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

if the pin is 0000 it still has a pin, you need to disable the pin code from the sim by putting it into the phone and make sure the sim turns on without any pin request, otherwise the GSM is sitting waiting for the pin to be entered before it searches for your network...

phone does'nt require the pin to come on, when i put the sim in phone comes on and connect to o2, no need to put anything in ( it was just on the o2 sim leaflet that it said the pin was 0000)

quick question is there any pics that you can send on, just to show the way the sim goes in, in case im putting it in wrong

You should be able to see if the contacts on the SIM line up in the socket.

Just got a blast of texts from house alarm, did a second reboot turned everything off and hoped for the best and hey presto we got it working, thanks a million!!:):):)

• Advertisement

Good man. Glad to see you got it sorted.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irene8stars

Hi there ,

I know this is an old post... but we have a gsm smart guard sim unit for our house alarm... it was all set up by company and worked perfectly.. I forgot to top up the SIM card and now the SIM card is no longer activated... I got a new SIM card and made sure that there was no answering machine service, pin code or call diverts on it. But it won't work, so when our alarm goes off it doesn't call us to notify us, (a painful exercise!)

Anyone have an idea as to how I can get it working? Appreciate any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you tested the sim in a phone to confirm that it's working? Also, what network is the sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irene8stars

Have you tested the sim in a phone to confirm that it's working? Also, what network is the sim?

Hi Fred,

Thanks for replying. It's a Vodafone Pay as you go sim, it has €10 in it and I popped it in old phone and it worked called from it and called it...
    just when I put it in smart guard gsm unit attached to my house alarm it doesn't call when alarm has been triggered...

Did you power cycle the unit after you put the SIM in?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

What is a power cycle

quote="KoolKid;102028471"]Did you power cycle the unit after you put the SIM in?[/quote]

Power down complexity and power back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David J Walsh

Ours just went GSM line fault, google took me to here. happens on and off for no apparent reason??

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Milltown17

You will probably have to change ur sim. This is probably do to not topping up sim

quote="David J Walsh;108783588"]Ours just went GSM line fault, google took me to here. happens on and off for no apparent reason??[/quote]

Advertisement