Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The price of goods on Adverts???FTW???

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Maragenie wrote: »

Reasonable offer?
    >No
    More information
    >No
    Do you want to sell what you've got?
    >No

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

Regarding the Ipad ,selling an item on can void a warranty in a lot of cases ,it's in the T&C's in the small print of many goods,buyer beware.As the 12 months on the ipad is up i would expect a massive discount on the price he was looking for taking into consideration how expensive Apple repairs are.On the ADVERT.IE thing ,yes its absolutely bonkers,i saw a toy train at xmas on it FOR 70 euros ,35 euros on Amazon?!?!?
    At the same token i had a gaming mouse worth about 70 euro's BNIB for sale ,asked 45,got offered a gaming card worth not much more than 20 euros :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Maragenie

And we have a winner folks...

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/fantastic-computer-for-sale-cancelled-order-will-sell-cost-price/2775108

Could be the most insane advert I've ever read in my life, that said the case is supposed to have exceptional cooling and she's running off some integrated Intel HD3000 Graphics. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Maragenie wrote: »
    And we have a winner folks...

http://www.adverts.ie/desktops/fantastic-computer-for-sale-cancelled-order-will-sell-cost-price/2775108

Could be the most insane advert I've ever read in my life, that said the case is supposed to have exceptional cooling and she's running off some integrated Intel HD3000 Graphics. :D
    And why no you said that?
    I know the one that's selling this brand new machine and as I am a reseller of all major brands know offer a 1 year warranty with all the people systems that I sell.. This machine was offered from me by a stock trading company who have gone into liquidation.. that's why I am selling it at cost price, as I buy from wholesalers who don't sell to the public but only to people in the trade.. I have the original wholesale receipts for anyone who wants to see them.. your original thread is supposed to be about used items for sale.. This is brand new out of the box so I don't appreciate your kneejerk comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ben101

HelpWithIT wrote: »

Maragenie said it because you are a rip off
    http://www.buytronic.co.uk/antec-i7-34ghz-qc-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-no-os-p-3427.html
    Looks very similar,no?
    That's more than300 euro's cheaper than your price,warranty or no that's just a crazy mark up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I know the one that's selling this brand new machine and as I am a reseller of all major brands know offer a 1 year warranty with all the people systems that I sell.. This machine was offered from me by a stock trading company who have gone into liquidation.. that's why I am selling it at cost price, as I buy from wholesalers who don't sell to the public but only to people in the trade.. I have the original wholesale receipts for anyone who wants to see them.. your original thread is supposed to be about used items for sale.. This is brand new out of the box so I don't appreciate your kneejerk comments

Doesn't look brand new to me, looks 100% used.

ben101 wrote: »

Maragenie said it because you are a rip off
    http://www.buytronic.co.uk/antec-i7-34ghz-qc-8gb-ram-1tb-hdd-no-os-p-3427.html
    Looks very similar,no?
    That's more than300 euro's cheaper than your price,warranty or no that's just a crazy mark up.
    Perhaps if you took the time to read the ad and properly compare to the UK link you just posted., add Windows 7 professional Operating System and it costs £115 sterling.. then add extra 1tb Sata Hard Drive and that works out at £65 sterling..+ Irish Vat rate is 23% compared to UK vat rate of 20%.. I the goods wholesale from MB technology and the price I'm charging is the wholesale price that I paid for the parts.. so ill expect you to acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and regards the last comment about "it looks old to me" get a life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Perhaps if you took the time to read the ad and properly compare to the UK link you just posted., add Windows 7 professional Operating System and it costs £115 sterling.. then add extra 1tb Sata Hard Drive and that works out at £65 sterling..+ Irish Vat rate is 23% compared to UK vat rate of 20%.. I the goods wholesale from MB technology and the price I'm charging is the wholesale price that I paid for the parts.. so ill expect you to acknowledge the fact that you were wrong and regards the last comment about "it looks old to me" get a life
    So you have bought these to sell them specifically for profit and that makes you a commercial seller on adverts.ie

Have you contacted adverts about opening a shop account?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So you have bought these to sell them specifically for profit and that makes you a commercial seller on adverts.ie

Have you contacted adverts about opening a shop account?
    Just to satisfy your curiosity and seeing as you0 have also failed to read the post properly!!! A stock broker had ordered this machine from me and I had to install operating system and drivers etc.. it was to output to 4 monitors for trading.. within three weeks of ordering and having received no deposit on hardware, I found out they were going bust.. I know now selling this machine at the wholesale price that I paid for it.. pics will be posted on adverts later on of invoice with original prices and vat amount.. it's not the commenters fault.. Every walk of life has its muppets

• Advertisement

Just to satisfy your curiosity and seeing as you0 have also failed to read the post properly!!! A stock broker had ordered this machine from me and I had to install operating system and drivers etc.. it was to output to 4 monitors for trading.. within three weeks of ordering and having received no deposit on hardware, I found out they were going bust.. I know now selling this machine at the wholesale price that I paid for it.. pics will be posted on adverts later on of invoice with original prices and vat amount.. it's not the commenters fault.. Every walk of life has its muppets
    For the little Mrs Doubtfires on here.. invoice pic is now on adverts..any more derogatory comments about my business acumen and integrity will be reported and followed up..

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

For the little Mrs Doubtfires on here.. invoice pic is now on adverts..any more derogatory comments about my business acumen and integrity will be reported and followed up..

Looking at that invoice, you got ripped off.
    You can get the exact same machine for €850 pre-built and delivered from HWVS. So much for wholesale prices...

Even if you paid that much, you're still selling it for more, which is profiteering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

If you were honest you would have built the customer a cheaper and better PC more suited to his or her needs. It's a total rip off at that price. We know it and so do you.

Iere honest you would have built the customer a cheaper and better PC more suited to his or her needs. It's a total rip off at that pricbe. We know it and so do you.
    That was the exact computer the customer wanted along with firepro graphics card outputting to 4 monitors., why would I supply a machine that he didn't want? Don't be ridiculous

maki wrote: »

You can get the exact same machine for €850 pre-built and delivered from HWVS. So much for wholesale prices...

Even if you paid that much, you're still selling it for more, which is profiteering.
    Do me a favour and borrow a calculator.. add up the system cost + windows 7 + extra 1TB hard drive + keyboard.. only items missing are mouse and delivery.. it adds up to the exact price quoted.. muppets

maki wrote: »

Can you paste the link from HWVS for that machine as I can't find it?

That was the exact computer the customer wanted along with firepro graphics card outputting to 4 monitors., why would I supply a machine that he didn't want? Don't be ridiculous

Because, your suppose to be the "expert" that advises the customer. Great advise, an overpriced PC with an unlocked 2600k paired to an Asrock H61M/U3S3 motherboard. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

A couple of years ago i wanted to sell a new iphone 3gs....still in the plastic, unwanted upgrade.

Got an invoice with it saying Cost Price €500...Customer Discount €500...Total cost €0.

Put it for sale at €320.

Got offered €100.....seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Item|Price
    Intel Core i7-2600K Box, LGA1155|€265.82
    8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€43.55
    2 x HGST DESKSTAR 7K1000.C 1TB, 32MB, SAT|€126.82
    Cooler Master GX Lite Series PSU, 700 Watt|€65.73
    LG CH10LS Blu-Ray ROM Bulk|€59.90
    ASRock H61M-DG3/USB3, Sockel 1155, mATX|€45.14
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit (SB-Version)|€120.32
    Antec Three Hundred, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€52.04
    Tt eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboad|€49.90
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€868.21

Could have messed up as I just fired the closest I could find in, but its pretty close... That Motherboard is questionable ...
    And I added a €50 keyboard. :cool:

Its also brand new.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Item|Price
    Intel Core i7-2600K Box, LGA1155|€265.82
    8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€43.55
    2 x HGST DESKSTAR 7K1000.C 1TB, 32MB, SAT|€126.82
    Cooler Master GX Lite Series PSU, 700 Watt|€65.73
    LG CH10LS Blu-Ray ROM Bulk|€59.90
    ASRock H61M-DG3/USB3, Sockel 1155, mATX|€45.14
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit (SB-Version)|€120.32
    Antec Three Hundred, ATX, ohne Netzteil|€52.04
    Tt eSports Challenger Pro Gaming Keyboad|€49.90
    Rechner - Zusammenbau|€20.00
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€868.21

Could have messed up as I just fired the closest I could find in, but its pretty close... That Motherboard is questionable ...
    And I added a €50 keyboard. :cool:

Its also brand new.

Yeah, but what PSU is he using though? I bet it's worth no more than 20 euros.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but what PSU is he using though? I bet it's worth no more than 20 euros.

German vat rate 19%.. Irish vat rate 23%
    Did you guys go to a hedge school!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

German vat rate 19%.. Irish vat rate 23%
    Did you guys go to a hedge school!!!

They charge 23% I believe, either way, its still cheaper.

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/infoagbprivat.jsp?lid=2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I think this thread has run it's course.

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement