Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reformatt

Options
  • 16-02-2013 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

by mistake i reformatted my external hd is it at all possible to recover my files if yes how is there a program out there to do same

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

Revuca is the best of the free ones. Not guaranteed you will get the stuff back, but hopefully it should rebuild at least some of the files. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

rodgerslfc thanks for the reply i have tried that program but it did not work,i need a good kick in the you know what for my stupidy,,oh well

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

spatchco wrote: »
    rodgerslfc thanks for the reply i have tried that program but it did not work,i need a good kick in the you know what for my stupidy,,oh well

You can try TestDisk which may be able to re-create the partitions for you. Remember that when you format the data is only lost once the opportunity to overwrite is given, so do not write any more content to the drive, or else the chances of successful recovery are slimmer.
    While Recuva is decent, I have found PhotoRec has performed better for me on some occasions. Just make sure you never recover onto the same hard disk!

Nick

Advertisement