Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Month Holiday in Canada

Options
  • 16-02-2013 7:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 329 ✭✭

Im just finishing up my postgrad this year and want to goto canada for a months holiday or so, any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Im just finishing up my postgrad this year and want to goto canada for a months holiday or so, any suggestions or advice would be very much appreciated!!:D

Go see the rockies, drive down from Jasper to Banff most scenic drive you will ever see

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭djor88

I spent 3 months in British Columbia in 2009 and lived out of Prince George up in Northern BC. Weather in BC is great in the summer, so I'd go in July or August, go see Vancouver, as againstthetide said see the rockies, you can get the train to Jasper, look up "The Canadian", I got the train from Prince George to Jasper and the views are unreal, Jasper is beautiful too, mountains, lakes, wildlife... Vancouver, Vancouver Island, Jasper, Northern BC, Rockies, that's my list! Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 senecafalls

Toronto is a great city! There's a very interesting night life to be discovered. Also, it's home of some of the most hipstery hipsters in the world. Beware; they can be friend or foe!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭amber23

Having been to nearly every province in Canada, I 100% agree with againstthetide. Go see the Rockies. I drove from Jasper to Banff, and it was breathtaking. Its the kind of Canada you see in books, with the snowy mountains,and clear blue water. It's what you expect Canada to look like.
    If you are in BC, I would also recommend going to Vancouver island. Victoria is beautiful, mush nicer than Vancouver in my opinion, and if you have time, make your way to Tofino. We took a water taxi to Meares island, and walked "The Big Tree Trail" it was amazing, some huge trees that look prehistoric, some 1500 years old.
    The East coast is nice too, Toronto is a cool city if you are into cities as opposed to scenery, it really depends what you're into. The maritimes are definitely worth a visit, in particular Newfoundland, although the weather can be hit or miss. There is also the Calgary Stampede if you come in the summer, it's on 5th-14th. Thats lots of fun and a very "cowboy" experience.
    It's quite expensive getting flights around Canada as it's such a huge country, so I would personally recommend heading to the West coast.
    Have fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Canadian Rockies are incredible, best trip I was ever on. Jasper is amazing as are Banff, lake Louise areas. I am big into wildlife and saw everything from moose to black bears. A morning stroll and you have wild elk walking past you. Loads of activities to do too, I had never done it before but white water rafting is very impressive. I hear Vancouver is lovely too but never made it there. Don't remember much about calgary and Edmonton, was more interested in the Rockies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement