Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

picasa 3

Options
  • 16-02-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

i have been useing win vista for years and upgraded to win 7 reinstalled all my programs ,including picasa but when i open picasa all my pictures were there so i shut down my pc and next day when i went to check all my pictures has dissappered,no did not delete anything anyony have any idea what has happened have tried rescuva [think thats what its called] but no luck have even tried an older version of picasa,am lost

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

spatchco wrote: »
    i have been useing win vista for years and upgraded to win 7 reinstalled all my programs ,including picasa but when i open picasa all my pictures were there so i shut down my pc and next day when i went to check all my pictures has dissappered,no did not delete anything anyony have any idea what has happened have tried rescuva [think thats what its called] but no luck have even tried an older version of picasa,am lost

Are your pictures still showing in My Pictures? It may be a simple as you need Picasa to re-create your photo database

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

yoyo there are some pictures showing but still missing hundreds,so how do i re-create database

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

spatchco wrote: »
    yoyo there are some pictures showing but still missing hundreds,so how do i re-create database

See here how to recreate the db

Nick

yoyo well followed instructions but no luck,just wondering if it worked with win vista could there be a conflict with win 7 am just thinking out loud but thanks for tryiny

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Are some of your photos located in an external hard drive?
    If a drive isnt properly mapped, Picasa cant find them?

• Advertisement

rabbo some of the pictured i recovered if thats the word were on a stick but others were on the origional hd if that makes any scence

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

Either your pictures have been corrupted/deleted from harddrive or picasa isnt finding them.
    Can you access/view the photos outside of picasa (through 'my computer')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭whizbang

have a good look through the all the folders in the C:\users directory.
    Win 7 can often get confused if public folders are linked to personal folders

Advertisement