Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurel vs Gricellinia

Options
  • 16-02-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello need some advice please, we have a 2ft high front south facing wall with a very excitable terrier who will soon figure out that he can clear it,
    So we are looking to plant a hedge,
    What is the better choice a Laurel or Gricellinia and how quick do they grow.
    All help gratefully accepted..Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ask anyone whose griselinia hedge was torched by the cold two years ago and you'll get a quick answer; my parents recently had their 90% brown hedge ripped out and replaced with laurel.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

I got VERY lucky in 2009. Had planned on planting Griscelinia but my neighbour bought up the last of the bare root the week I was planning on doing it. Had to settle for Laurel ........
    He also now has Laurel :D
    Laurel is far hardier

• Registered Users Posts: 43 shauneym

Thanks guy's, much appreciated like the Gricellinia but hearing problems with heavy frost...
    So hello Laurel...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Whichever you plant you had better hope the terrier doesn't figure out how to get over the wall for at least two or three years!

Advertisement