Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Orals Next Week, why?

Options
  • 16-02-2013 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

My teacher said our Orals would be next week after the mid-term most likely on Monday, why? I thought they would be on April. Really not looking forward to this. At least we had a week off to study and prepare, even though I don't have any proper notes for orals I'm just using google translate.

I know google translate isn't the best but what other translator even has Irish in it? There's barely anything about irish on the internet, this sucks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Just learn how to speak about yourself, your family, your home place, and your school, and then learn the picture things (we had to anyway) learn. You don't need to have brilliant Irish, you just need to be able to speak what you already know fluidly (not fluently) and just have a conversation. If you don't understand what they say, just Nil a is agam and continue. They won't try to catch you out, they'll try to reward all of the marks they can so just keep talking and make it easier for them. It's easy once you get in there so don't worry about it, just know your few set pieces and then try your best at the rest of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

As for the timing, it's up to the school, within a certain allowed window of time:

"2. The test may be held at any time between 21 January and 22 March, 2013."

So your teacher and/or school have devided that it's best to do it at this particular time.

Advertisement