Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the attention of Waterford City Council

Options
  • 16-02-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Just thought of this, if you have a gripe or and idea and youd like to inform the council but just couldnt be bothered in calling them like alot of people do then just post it below, im sure some of them will see it.

Ill go first,

DUMPING BLACKSPOT

Witches Lane coming from meadow bank in on your left theres a house thats boarded up at the gates but my god as you pass ive never seen an amount of dumping like this before its CHRONIC, I did actually call the coucil but this way its written down too and it might pop up in an internet search!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

seems to be a problem all over, near Ballygunner too. the people who do that are ignorant pigs, simple as. I find bags of cans etc on my run, there are bottle/can banks 2 minutes away in tesco etc.. Have to say it, WCC cant be everywhere when you have Irish people thinking throwing rubbish around is ok, WCC are doing a reasonably good job as it is i think. Irish peoples attitude to rubbish is the same as what a pigs attitude is to its sty and we have created a 'another persons problem' attitude and some people would rather live in $hit than work a shovel. Some civic/national pride...my ar$e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Yeah i have to agree with you, the litter warden was really very nice and thanking me and was aware of the problem but when its reported it kinda means its documented again and the more people that call the more of a chance that action will be taken, the guy was very nice and thanked me for reporting it.

I was telling him things are bad and people can feel down but theres no reason people cant be proud of where they live and speak up to try and make things better for all of us, I HATE seeing people litter theres no excuse for it, funny thing is its the same people you might see in a Waterford Jersey screaming at the TV shouting at their beloved Waterford to win for them, but when it comes to them giving something back they couldnt give a feck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Funny this should come up, walking down from Cherrymount to Lidl Superquinn where the path goes through the trees and over the stream its full of detritus including the obligatory shopping trolley. The council have just given the path from that point to the inner ring road a clear up, you'd have imagined they would also done some de littering while there.

mike65 wrote: »
    Funny this should come up, walking down from Cherrymount to Lidl Superquinn where the path goes through the trees and over the stream its full of detritus including the obligatory shopping trolley. The council have just given the path from that point to the inner ring road a clear up, you'd have imagined they would also done some de littering while there.

Thats been like that some time now and i called them about that before, There was a motorbike in there or a mopehead, couldnt be good for the eco system! they dredged it but what can ye do, I think there is a bit of a space there where kids drink so you have the mix of Knacker drinking and a few shopping trollyes near by, I reckon they should do a bit more in school about being proud of where your from and the likes, then again they probably do.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭TheGormog

Just thought of this, if you have a gripe or and idea and youd like to inform the council but just couldnt be bothered in calling them like alot of people do then just post it below, im sure some of them will see it.

Ill go first,

DUMPING BLACKSPOT

Witches Lane coming from meadow bank in on your left theres a house thats boarded up at the gates but my god as you pass ive never seen an amount of dumping like this before its CHRONIC, I did actually call the coucil but this way its written down too and it might pop up in an internet search!

I used a website for this purpose last month to report an issue in Tramore. Handier than trying to get a phone call returned.

fixmystreet.ie

• Advertisement

TheGormog wrote: »
    I used a website for this purpose last month to report an issue in Tramore. Handier than trying to get a phone call returned.

fixmystreet.ie

Yeah this was the whole idea of this thread, Fixmystreet must use that one.

You can also talk about POT HOLES and the like on here cos the way it is were paying a hell of alot of money now thats suppose to be going into work like this so we should make sure were getting are money's worth!

The Ballycashin Road my god thats a bad road, theres a school out that way so its not like its just farners and tractors, its a busy road, the problem here is that road merges with County Council, just past the school there the road is crumbling each side cos water is running down it and it comes down to one lane of traffic at one point cos debris from the side of the road has come into the middle of the road from rain washing the road away, Were paying extra money for this? I rang them about this also but i was asked where we gonna get the money from to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

mike65 wrote: »

I've been getting on to them about the walkway too. There's 10 lights on the stretch from the ring road up to the bridge. Out of those 10, there's 2 working and lots of broken glass on the pavement. My dogs paw was sliced open and I've told them that if the lights aren't fixed and my dog is cut open again there will be a vets bill in their name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's a losing battle down at that bridge. How many times have they pulled bikes and trolleys from the stream and the next day it's the same. Similar story with the ring buoys. I was walking to work one night and one of them had been set alight. Luckily the grass was wet and I stamped it out. There's none left now.

It's not just kids drinking down there either. There are a few older people drinking there regularly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

When the weather is fine you see 4-5 regulars there with their plastic bags full of drink.

Its a great shame to see how good honest people not being able to enjoy the public amenities they pay for because of people who lets face it probably are a negative on the social system, it seems totally unfair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Loving the thread.

Ok here's one that has bugged me for a few years. Flooding on the footpath in the park at Farronshoneen. It's been there since the park opened. Sloppy planning. At that time I contacted city council to ask them to look at it. Response? We'll get to it. Every year I've contacted them again, same response.

2012, several years later, spoke to a numpty manager in Environmental Services who informed me that due to cutbacks they would not be repairing the flooding problem.

It mildly annoys me as an adult walking the dog, but there are plenty of small children using that footpath who have to walk through a swamp every day just to get to pre-school.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

Just wanted to say thanks for bringing my attention to the website Fixmystreet, I am after logging a complaint about the state of the the road from the Ballycashin roundabout to Butlerstown school. Its a disgrace how bad the potholes are, people end up driving on the wrong side of the road right in front of a very sharp turn, so dangerous.

old gregg wrote: »
    Loving the thread.

Ok here's one that has bugged me for a few years. Flooding on the footpath in the park at Farronshoneen. It's been there since the park opened. Sloppy planning. At that time I contacted city council to ask them to look at it. Response? We'll get to it. Every year I've contacted them again, same response.

2012, several years later, spoke to a numpty manager in Environmental Services who informed me that due to cutbacks they would not be repairing the flooding problem.

It mildly annoys me as an adult walking the dog, but there are plenty of small children using that footpath who have to walk through a swamp every day just to get to pre-school.

The fact is were paying more and more and more taxes and we were told that the latest tax increases property taxes were there to provide for local services, I was told that the ballycashin road crosses City and County Council, I got a decent response from the City Council, I got a dreadful response from County Council, Weve no money what can we do, I told him that it doesnt cost anything to sweep up debris from the road, as is its causing very dangerous driving conditions,

I would urge everybody to contact their council regularly we are paying for services and should expect more.

I think people should also RECORD problems that youve reported and stick it up on youtube maybe put a bit of dialogue on it call it living in waterford or waterford city council, this stuff can go viral, if we dont stir it up it wont be sorted, the squeeky hinge gets the oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

if we are mentioning council and problems..
    what about all the dogsh*ite everywhere?

0rt wrote: »
    if we are mentioning council and problems..
    what about all the dogsh*ite everywhere?

Theres contsantly fires being lit in the fields around Tesco Ballybeg, no one rings the firebrigade for fear of being charged for the pleasure, Theres constant fires being lit to burn cables for copper!

Something council needs to address as these fields are being treaty like peoples private wild west. these lands are in some cases privately owned and rented out cash in hand, if crimes are taking place in these fields the owners should be warned and hold some responsibility, they dont seen to care because its not on their doorstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

This is going to seem like a very minor complaint compared to what annoys most people but can we get the Clock Tower fixed! I get buses from the quay very often and it's been five minutes fast for as long as I can remember. At first I thought maybe my phone/watch were slow but it's not the case. I'm a bit OCD so this drives me crazy and I always get the bus in a slightly grumpy mood when I have to look at it when it could so easily be fixed. It sometimes causes bus drivers to leave early as well since they don't check their own time when they've got a big feckin' clock staring at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

JenniFurr wrote: »
    This is going to seem like a very minor complaint compared to what annoys most people but can we get the Clock Tower fixed! I get buses from the quay very often and it's been five minutes fast for as long as I can remember. At first I thought maybe my phone/watch were slow but it's not the case. I'm a bit OCD so this drives me crazy and I always get the bus in a slightly grumpy mood when I have to look at it when it could so easily be fixed. It sometimes causes bus drivers to leave early as well since they don't check their own time when they've got a big feckin' clock staring at them.
    This made me smile
    In a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

sewers around uluru /lidl , bad stench must be blockage around the area ...

Hoffmans wrote: »
    sewers around uluru /lidl , bad stench must be blockage around the area ...

Maybe its just ULURU getting lunch ready?

The Ballycashin road, OMG! wrecked all most all of the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Thats good an all but why dont people just call it in, being a techno fool i dont know how to use aps! ha but im not sure of the point maybe you can enlighten me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Thats good an all but why dont people just call it in, being a techno fool i dont know how to use aps! ha but im not sure of the point maybe you can enlighten me?

The app allows you to take a photo of the rubbish and also give gps co-ordinates to the location. I suppose it just makes it easier for them to find and record it.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Is this just a ranting thread, or do you expect the council to read it?

The app allows you to take a photo of the rubbish and also give gps co-ordinates to the location. I suppose it just makes it easier for them to find and record it.

Wow that is good!

I would love to film the ballycashin road and post it up on youtube, menace of a road all the way along.

This thread is just to highlight where there are problems and im sure there are people in power reading it, i can actually almost guarantee you that the powers that be read it.

Advertisement