Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magnet...tv..useless

• 16-02-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭

Ah magnet...the remote control can only go down channels and activate the menu, no other buttons work..so whats the solution..to plug out the router for 5 mins and then reboot stb.....BTW its not the remote as it works perfectly on the tv,and when i reboot router and stb it works for another few days...

Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

I hate magnets stb and tv service...its terrible

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭GIMP

Reboot the box, happens often enough to my stbs. If that doesn't work get a service call from magnet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

have tried rebooting box and router to no avail. Remote is keyed to tv and works fine on that...yet they insist its a remote issue...ah well....will go through the hoops, and receive the new remote, confirm thats not the issue, and then maybe they will do something like replace the box..at the moment its a pain... 75 quid a month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭zg3409

stop paying while the service is not working. UPCs customers have been doing this for years. Start paying once it works again. Keep a note of the dates and times you rang them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

its finally fixed..i think..i drove to their office and collected a new stb..will keep an eye for next few days and see..

Advertisement