Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WD HDD Not being recognised

Options
  • 16-02-2013 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey,

I have a WD HDD that will not recognise on my laptop or any other for that fact.

I can however see in the device manager and in properties it says everything is up to date.I have a lot of stuff i would really like to get back off this. Would any of you fine people know how the f**k i can get this working?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

If you go to Start >> Run and type "diskmgmt.msc" (without the inverted commas), is it displayed in there? I assume this is an external hard drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mark89

Hey,

yeah i can see it in the device manager but not in my computer.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Mark89

****, sorry i can see it the but it isn't allocated. and will not let me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭RodgersLFC

You mean disk management then I assume - in disk management (diskmgmt.msc), is the drive assigned with a drive letter? If its not, right click on it and select "change drive letter and paths" and assign it with a letter. It should then appear in Windows Explorer for you, along with your C: drive.

Advertisement