Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Divorce

• 16-02-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone here got any advice for me, am trying to start my divorce and its a mess. Everything is an arguement and we can not agree on anything. We're fighting over the bloody house, the dogs, you name it,it's a problem. Life is very difficult but I just want to move on with my life. Any advice would be welcome. Also what kinda settlement have you gotten? Thankss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

OP - you need to step back a bit.
    In terms of settlements others may have received to be blunt that has no bearing on your divorce so please don't ask for such information again.

1st step - look into mediation or failing that you will have to go the legal route.
    Be advised if the legal route is the only one available to you, well it's costly and both of you will have to pay considerable amounts. However, there is free legal aid. Please have a look at some of the links on the forum header - both for information on divorce and in terms of free legal aid.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

I take it from what you write OP that you two aren't legally separated because usually the Separation Agreement together with the passage of time smoothens the Divorce negotiations . The first hurdle to getting a divorce here is showing that you have been separated for four years of four out of the last five . So you need an agreed separation date for starters .
    You also need legal advice - both of you . Contrary to popular belief good sound advice lessens conflict . Conflict thrives on ignorance . Ignorance leads to idle threats resulting in unnecesary fears . Discussing you future without sound legal advice is like playing football with no pitch markings ! - you need to know the boundaries .
    If you have kids place them at the centre of your negotaions (the courts will) because they hopefully are the one thing that unites you both .

Advertisement