Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've Realised It's Time To Call It A Day

Options
  • 16-02-2013 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭

Only joking :p

Get recruiting lads, if you know anyone who plays, let them know and try and entice them!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

SantryRed wrote: »
    Only joking :p

Get recruiting lads, if you know anyone who plays, let them know and try and entice them!!

On it, like a car bonnet,
    I have been wondering is it the 3 seasons same team that is causing guys to get disillusioned and lose interest?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Personally I would say no. The sense of achievement/pride and the challenge of growing a team should far outweigh getting a new team every few months

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    On it, like a car bonnet,
    I have been wondering is it the 3 seasons same team that is causing guys to get disillusioned and lose interest?!

The guys who dropped out have been in the league a while and 2 of them play in multiple leagues. I think it's a case of over exposure and burn out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

You're an awful man Santry :pac:
    Personally I would say no. The sense of achievement/pride and the challenge of growing a team should far outweigh getting a new team every few months
    Its nearly more the management side of things that has me hooked more than the actual games,all those aspects like contracts,trades,the draft,spending your xp wisely etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah I think you're right about the over exposure actually, was just trying to understand what was causing the droppages, myself I'm in 2 leagues and is probably all I can manage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

This. It's not like they're the feckin' Jags!

I did my job getting the Dolphins GM in, the rest of the league needs to step up! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Pudsy brought me in so I guess I could try and find someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lads im gonna have to have a think about coming back for week 9, i had absolute no interest in playing the Falcons there tonight and thats not good for anybody, i dont know what it is cos i love playing the game and competition, Hopefully the break will rekindle the interest in the Colts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Lads im gonna have to have a think about coming back for week 9, i had absolute no interest in playing the Falcons there tonight and thats not good for anybody, i dont know what it is cos i love playing the game and competition, Hopefully the break will rekindle the interest in the Colts.

Don't get too down on that game! There were so many ridiculous plays that went my way and it really should have been a lot closer.

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Don't get too down on that game! There were so many ridiculous plays that went my way and it really should have been a lot closer.
    ah the scoreline was deserved, maybe its cos i dont know enough gameplay wise, defensively or offensively, cos even against the CPU teams i give up huge yardage, and throwing Interceptions is annoying me to.

Apologies about the mic, i was trying to chat but dont think you could hear me which is probably a good thing considering what was happening in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Rock. I have one of those games every second week where in all honesty you just want the game over, it's only natural especially when you are losing but on your next game if you are playing well they'll be a distant memory!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

ah the scoreline was deserved, maybe its cos i dont know enough gameplay wise, defensively or offensively, cos even against the CPU teams i give up huge yardage, and throwing Interceptions is annoying me to.

Apologies about the mic, i was trying to chat but dont think you could hear me which is probably a good thing considering what was happening in the game.

When you are starting out, thats what is going to happen. Its the only way to learn how to play the game.

If you are throwing INTS, then just stop doing it. :D. Run more, use pass plays that you know inside out and could basically throw without looking at the screen based on the time you should throw the ball and learn to throw it away/take the sack.

It is tough but the game is all about discipline. You will learn new stuff every week and thats why I love the game really. Its a game of chess really. I always try and stuff the run, get my opponent to pass (risky business to pass all the time) and then get the INT. I have one of the worst offences in the league if you look at the stats, this is because I let my D do the work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Agree with all Raoul said.
    Shure it was literally 5 or 6 games last season before I even got a win!
    And boy did I get a pasting in some of those games but I learned from them.....I think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Agree with all Raoul said.
    Shure it was literally 5 or 6 games last season before I even got a win!
    And boy did I get a pasting in some of those games but I learned from them.....I think :pac:

I think I voted for you as the best offence I played last season. So to go from 5 or 6 winless games to the best team I played in 18 games, I think thats a pretty good achievement.

Also get the mic sorted. Its not as bad losing to someone when you are talking to them and having a laugh. Plus, they can also give you lots of tips. I learned unbelievable amounts from Berty and Dave (Santry wouldn't tell you anything), especially on D. Berty practically did Madden tutorials in his first season here, explained what defences I should use for different plays. It actually made me understand the real NFL a lot more aswell.

Rock, it also doesn't help that you have a fairly weak team. Sure the Colts have guys like Luck, Wayne and Fleener but there is a whole load of averageness around them.

The Oline is huge in this game, I think I sacked you 8 times. Running the ball helps with this, you can't sack the QB if he doesn't have the ball. One of the first things I learned was commitment to the run game. It's very easy to move away from the run if you can't move it early on, but the defence will tire and suddenly those 2 yard runs turn into 6 yards, then those third down passes are shorter and then you have kept your opponents offence off the field for 6 minutes.

I agree with Raoul about the mic. Everybody passes on a little knowledge weather they mean it or not. I was trying to tell you how it shift your Oline to offer extra protection to your RT but we ran out of time. I understand chatting can be distracting, but also don't be afraid to ask questions, most guys here will try to explain.

Il play a friendly and offer with some tips if you want, for a fee obviously, Vontae Davis.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

If you feel frustrated when getting a hammering just go all out blitz and kill their half back. And then his backup

You'll still lose but it feels good

Thanks for the comments lads, I will be back for week 9, Frustration just got the better of me last night, due to 1 handed interceptions, Red zone interceptions that were returned for TD's, Ball bouncing off my players and getting returned for a TD, and RB's bouncing off 3-4 of my players then Running 60-70 yards for a TD in my last 3 games, I know i have to try and run the ball more but when i try to run it, i find Forsett or Brown would sooner run up the ass of one of my blockers then run through a gap

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Rock, it also doesn't help that you have a fairly weak team. Sure the Colts have guys like Luck, Wayne and Fleener but there is a whole load of averageness around them.

This is my main Problem, I'm so used to play as the Eagles and their Offense that when i play as The Colts i get so frustrated, Ive no problem throwing over 300 yards with Vick with less INT's, Jackson, McCoy, Maclin, Avant are way better then what i got and there is no contest between Rodgers-Cromartie and Asomugha to what i got. New Gameplan needed for week 9, and Ponder might get a start at QB to.

This is my main Problem, I'm so used to play as the Eagles and their Offense that when i play as The Colts i get so frustrated, Ive no problem throwing over 300 yards with Vick with less INT's, Jackson, McCoy, Maclin, Avant are way better then what i got and there is no contest between Rodgers-Cromartie and Asomugha to what i got. New Gameplan needed for week 9, and Ponder might get a start at QB to.

Another way to look at it is if you have a weak record at the end of Madden 13, you will have an early pick for the new game. Look at Patriots Dave. He was first or second pick for this years game, got the New England Gronks and narrowly missed out on the play offs last season.

I could tell from our game the other night that you know what you are doing, its just mistakes a key times cost you. We have all been there.

"Experience will stop these, playing online with good players will make you a better player." From the Gospel of Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

That's a great point above by etloveslsd. I was one of the weaker players in Madden 12, and I had the second pick for Madden 13 as a result.
    I made the playoffs last season and was undefeated this year until perrin beat me in week 6.

Sure I have a better team now, but I have definitely become a better player too.

• Advertisement

I forgot about Pudsy, but then as a Steeler I don't rate the Ravens.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

INTs used to be a huge problem for me, like they were with you last night. Now I just try and look where the pressure is coming from and throw there. Less coverage = less chance of a pick right? And if nobody is open then just learn to not throw the ball. It's hard to get used to doing this but once you do then the amount of picks you throw will be reduced greatly.

Also, the longer you play, the better you get to know your playbook. And if you know your plays inside out then you can know which throws to make/not to make.

Advertisement