Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with remotre access

Options
  • 16-02-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I am trying to log in to my account at work from my home laptop using the remote access process. I am following all the steps and typing in my passwords etc and it just will not allow me in (something about credentials). It is the first time I have tried it from home laptop.

I have just chatted to others from work and they can get in from their pc/laptop using my passwords.

WHat am I doing wrong? Is it my systemt? I use Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Double check with your IT Department that you are allowed to access company systems from your private computer.

Also do not install any remote access programs on work systems without checking with IT first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

your idsid must be in the remote desktop users group, presuming its an active directory setup you guys have at work? as your trying to use your normal credentials, and not third party RD software.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

How are you connecting to the work network - VPN or Remote Desktop services?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

If your credentials are coming up incorrectly try adding the domain\username instead of just the username

ie. Microsoft\bgates rather than just bgates

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

You may also have DNS issues so try IP address,

eg not terminalserver in RDP details but 10.56.111.2

• Advertisement
Advertisement