Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety switch question.

Options
  • 16-02-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭

I was out shooting clays today with my lanber s/a she is flying infairness thank god working well and feels nice and sights well for me.

She is new to me so just really getting the feel of it aswell.

Now it's obviously a right handed ejecter but I shoot of the left hand side because of dominant eye and all that crack.

But the safety catch pushs out to the right to be safe and out to the left for fire and its a little awkward to do with the left hand not impossible by any means either. Can it be changed if so could it be done cost effectively or should I just keep going and try get use to it.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Lanber's listed dealer in Ireland is Ardee Sports a hop, skip & jump from Kildare in Co. Louth. They have a gunsmith there & their phone is below. Aftermarket parts are available for switching crossbolt safeties on some guns, but not sure if anyone markets one for Lanber. There are also techniques for lefties to make it quicker to disengage when mounting the gun. Since I'm a righty and my Remy 1100s are perfect for me can't help you, sorry.

Telephone: +353 41 6853711

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

No bother thanks for the number anyway ill buzz them and see

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Yeah their gunsmith or any other good shotgun shop should know something about it if it exists. Brownell's here in USA stocks a reversible crossbolt safety for the Browning Gold 10 semiauto, a left hand safety for the Browning BAR rifle, and a left hand trigger mechanism for the Remington 1100. There are aftermarket parts available for the Rem 870 & others. On some it takes a gunsmith to do the change, so hopefully someone in the business would know something.

Advertisement