Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

At the weekend I installed OpenAtv fresh , not from a backup. First time I've done this on the AA2.

Got to say it runs a lot better than it ever did making me wonder are backups really causing a lot of issues ?

I'm really impressed with OpenAtv 4.2 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

At the weekend I installed OpenAtv fresh , not from a backup. First time I've done this on the AA2.

Got to say it runs a lot better than it ever did making me wonder are backups really causing a lot of issues ?

I'm really impressed with OpenAtv 4.2 !
    Wrong thread, get the image right and throw up a backup and we'll tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Hi Lads,

Once quick question, on Open ATV I get "timeshift not working" or similar on the Saorview channels. Also, when I pause on Sat channels the screen goes blank for about 10 seconds before image reappears. Same when restarting play. Is this correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Use the discussion thread dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Here is my latest backup for anyone interested. After installation make sure you hdd or usb stick is formated in EXT3

It has all the usuals including ondemand with tv3 and rte player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmc4vt3i8xqm6mh/back_of_e2%20%28Laptop%27s%20conflicted%20copy%202014-11-06%29.zip?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Hi Guys,
    New to this forum and new to anything outside Sky digital. Got the Courage to cancel my Sky - Just received my brand new Amiko Alien 2 with Enigma 2 Pre Loaded.
    Had loads of issues getting The Tuners up and running with the various Channels. Ended up going back to Factory Default :-(
    Have I now removed the Enigma 2 ? How can I tell ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    New to this forum and new to anything outside Sky digital. Got the Courage to cancel my Sky - Just received my brand new Amiko Alien 2 with Enigma 2 Pre Loaded.
    Had loads of issues getting The Tuners up and running with the various Channels. Ended up going back to Factory Default :-(
    Have I now removed the Enigma 2 ? How can I tell ?

Many thanks,
    Tom.

Hi Tom,

Please ask questions in the Discussion Forum. This thread is simply for uploading E2 images.
    Thanks

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91207358

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Anny26

new to this

Anny26 wrote: »
    new to this

Welcome, also check out the Discussion Thread if you haven't already done so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Will these Firmware work on the Alien 1 SHD8900?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

TheChevron wrote: »
    Will these Firmware work on the Alien 1 SHD8900?

i think championc has a old version of his arp for that box ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Sorted, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dunnetd

Hi,

I recently got a SAB Unix Triple HD box in the last week. However 2 days ago when trying to record I received an error message 'NO HDD Found or HDD not Initialized!'.

The box was previously recording and has a 320gb capacity. Can someone advise how I can fix this?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,541 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

recording on a box isnt great your better using an externel drive . it needs to be formated in ext3 for most enigma2 images

Nowso wrote: »
    recording on a box isnt great your better using an externel drive . it needs to be formated in ext3 for most enigma2 images

The internal drive of 320gb should be lots of storage. Can someone advise what I need to do in settings to get the box back recording again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dunnetd wrote: »
    The internal drive of 320gb should be lots of storage. Can someone advise what I need to do in settings to get the box back recording again?

They're is no internal drive, you must have a different box

the box is from another provider but has the hard drive on it. how do I change the settings to find the internal drive or if I plugged in an external one?

dunnetd wrote: »
    the box is from another provider but has the hard drive on it. how do I change the settings to find the internal drive or if I plugged in an external one?

The box does not have space for an internal drive, it only has a usb port to plug in an external. Anyway, this is the firmware thread, no discussion allowed here

Lads,
    As mentioned extensively throughout this thread, this thread is for firmware uploads only. All discussions are to take place on the discussion thread. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

givecredit wrote: »
    Here is my latest backup for anyone interested. After installation make sure you hdd or usb stick is formated in EXT3

It has all the usuals including ondemand with tv3 and rte player.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmc4vt3i8xqm6mh/back_of_e2%20%28Laptop%27s%20conflicted%20copy%202014-11-06%29.zip?dl=0

Hi givecredit

Is this an OpenATV image ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all

Here's a link to my complete OpenATV based Image. It's been made from OpenATV 4.2 from 17/12/2014

http://goo.gl/j8y5fW

This image is working with the following plugins and bits working:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets, CrossEPG (0.62), Various Skins, Picons, Time from NTP, OSCam v10078 (blank with sample line), OpenWebIf, Streaming, SambaServer, RTEPlayer, TS Media and XBMC Addons. CrossEPG is also flushed out once a week. This image uses the bundled OpenATV EPG.

You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Please READ the "Champions OpenATV Image - README" located in the download folder. Please use the Enigma Discussion thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial is scanned to Irish Saorview - Three Rock Transmitter

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below :)

** The Ideal beginners image - everything you could possibly need all setup and working **
    ** See Post #2 of this thread or the Readme file in the download directory **

Champions OpenAR-P AA2/7162 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0
    Champions OpenAR-P SAB Solo/8900 Image Download Link - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Hi givecredit

Is this an OpenATV image ?

No. Its VIX.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Suitable for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is comes with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets 20131020 (updated to remove non fta HD channels,updates daily at 4am)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1 (updates in standby)
    CoolTVGuide v7.3
    Enhanced Movie Center (turned off atm, looks better with Pli-mod skin)
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9991 (with blank sample reader)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Full set of Saorview and uk tv picons (xpicons)
    RTE Player
    Samba Server

Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel

Other mods/skins included are:

Sly Bootlogo by abell431 of openpli.org
    Sly skin by abell,digidude and pauldb of sattvhelp
    Mui4tler's audio fix to help with audio dropouts
    Data Devils Additional Keymapper

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

How to use picons
    Transfer the picon folder from the download over to your external harddrive (/hdd)
    Then go to the pkt bluepanel and find skin setup. In there change picons location from Enigma to HDD. All picons should display then.

If your saorview picons are still not working you will need to rename each of your saorview picons to the correct service reference. These can be found by loading up your channel list in dreamboxedit and hovering over the chosen channel.

Download link:http://goo.gl/0X6LsM

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭soram

Hi,
    So I bought an AA2+ from TVTrade at the weekend. For the life of me I couldn't get the Enigma to work so I switched to Spark and got the Saorview and Sat channels all dialed in. So I know my dish and antenna are fine. Also formatted and mounted a 500GB hdd as ext3.

I thought I'd have another go at Enigma and after reading the many threads thought I'd try Hyperion first. I downloaded FreshPots 4.5 image and it seemed fine - for a couple of minutes. I had no Saorview channels but the SATs were fine. Found the tuner was set to Australia so I set it to IRL, scanned and got the channels. For a minute on RTE 1 when the box froze. Booted again but it froze again as soon as I hit the EPG button. Booted again but it only lasted a couple of seconds before freezing. I thought it might be the hdd for the EPG so I reflashed it and mounted the hdd first before scanning for Saorview. No joy - still crashing. I get a bit further sometimes with the EPG but generally it seems to be unusable after a minute or so or after pressing a button or two.

I did also go to the CrossEPG and download the UK XML channels. I got a ton of stuff in the EPG then but still crashes after a few button presses. One time I got a green screen.

Is there something I am missing that I need to do? I got the impression the Hyperion was supposed to be pretty stable?

Cheers

Wrong thread dude, this one is just for download links

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tombabe

hi guys
    so downloaded this inserted onto memory stick and tried to update enigma
    now my box is stuck on boot. goes to boot 100 then succ but returns to boot again
    any ideas please?

tombabe wrote: »
    hi guys
    so downloaded this inserted onto memory stick and tried to update enigma
    now my box is stuck on boot. goes to boot 100 then succ but returns to boot again
    any ideas please?

Please ask in discussion thread, this is for uploaded images only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Hi

has anyone got a good Stable, Image for an Amiko triple turner?

I have the one from TV trade and seems flaky, alot of freezing and crashing :(

Please read the previous Threads!

This is the Firmware upload Thread. No discussion here, only on the discussion thread.

So please ask there or try any of the above images.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

rb25 wrote: »
    I have downloaded and installed Enigma2. I went through the posts here but I couldn't find the answers and have some questions.

On OpenATV the terrestrial provider seems to be set to the Three Rock mast but I am trying to rescan to get the terrestrial channels from Mount Leinster. How can I rescan all the terrestrial channels?

How can I mix and match the Sky Channels with the Terrestrial channels on the channels menu?

When I select RTE 1 now (RTE is not tuning in) the menu performance slows down to where I cannot select or even move the selection bar on the menus. It almost prevents moving off the channel as the response is upwards of 1 minute to select or exit. Why does this slow down happen when a channel is selected that is not tuned correctly?

This is the Firmware upload Thread. No discussion here, only on the discussion thread. All answers are there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement