Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots points query- how to use them!

• 16-02-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi everybody!

As you may have guessed from the title, I have a truckload of Boots Advantage Card points accumulated now (over €80 on the last count) and I kind of feel like it's time to let them go. I don't want to splurge on silly things like shampoo and I have enough Soap and Glory accumulated from Xmas pressies to last me until 2018!

What I was wondering is, if I trek out to Blanch to the amazeballs Boots there, would certain counters, Chanel, Smashbox etc, accept my Boots points as payment? I have gotten points from these counters before so I presume they would but I'm not sure.

Also, any other Boots worth visiting? I call to Dundrum a few times a week and afaik the only high end counters are Estee Lauder, Clarins and Lancome- and nothing has really been catching my eye.

Thanks for any words of wisdom in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I don't see why you can't, as you said yourself you got some points from those counters, would be total wrong on Boots part if you couldn't.

As for Dundrum your right, it doesn't have a great range of high end cosmetics, the only one I can add to your list is Elizabeth Arden and a good range of quality perfumes. I think Blanch would be a better bet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Your Boots points are as good as Cash in any Boots store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Liffey Valley has a better Boots, I used my 80 euro or so worth of points to buy Chanel foundation and eyeshadows.... It has Smashbox now in LV Boots and Bumble and Bumble if you want hair products (styling products by them are typically v well reviewed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Pretty sure the only exceptions are prescription meds and baby formula 0-6months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

Yeah you dont get points on prescriptions and baby formula. Think you can use your points to purchase anything once their value does not exceed the points value in your card. If you have 80 on card and your basket value is 82, you cant add the 2 euro coin, you will need to take something off the bill, bring it to the exact amount on your card or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

While you probably accumulated some of the points from points events and suchlike, 80 euro worth of points is based on spending approx 2,000 in Boots! :D

I myself am amazed at how much I spend in Boots, seem to be buying stuff in there all the time.

If you have a friend with the student travel card, I believe the 10% discount applies to points purchases also, meaning you would basically have 10% more spending power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

The Boots in Liffey Valley is really good - it sells Benefit, Too Faced and Stila as well as the usual Chanel etc that are in the other stores.

Advertisement