Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Membership

Options
  • 16-02-2013 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for a website that I can purchase a xbox live code from?
    I'd have to use my laser (AIB) card for payment, so I can't get it off eBay, and other sites that only take PayPal.
    Ideally, one that would be sent via email would be the best.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Got an argos near you ??? http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5683082/Trail/searchtext%3EXBOX+LIVE.htm

Comes in at around the same price as online at the moment, got mine there last week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Havent all AIB laser cards been replaced now by Visa Debit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I got it off gamesnash 3 months for €13 had it emailed to me within 5-10 minutes! I know where ill be ordering off from now on anyway.

They also take laser :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Carroller wrote: »
    I got it off gamesnash 3 months for €13 had it emailed to me within 5-10 minutes! I know where ill be ordering off from now on anyway.

They also take laser :)

You can get a years Gold for about €38 elsewhere online. Argos are doing it at the mo for €38 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

EnterNow wrote: »

You can get a years Gold for about €38 elsewhere online. Argos are doing it at the mo for €38 too

True but most online places don't take laser and at least this way you don't have to leave the comfort of your house :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

I've used Gamesnash before for points, they take laser, and you'll have the code emailed to you inside an hour. I'd recommend them for people in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Get yourself an O2 money card and buy the codes from cheapxboxlivecodes.com Cheaper than the websites stated above.
    http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Anyone know of another website that takes laser? Gamesnash seem to be out of stock for the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I had an AIB laser, but when I misplaced it, when I asked for a replacement, they gave me a visa debit instead. Get one of them, and you'll be sorted.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I had an AIB laser, but when I misplaced it, when I asked for a replacement, they gave me a visa debit instead. Get one of them, and you'll be sorted.

This. I used my laser for about a year then got sick of the restrictions with purchasing online etc. Call the phone number on the back of the laser card, tell them it's broken/chipped, they'll send out a shiny new visa in a week or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

They started shipping out out the visa debit cards a over a month or two ago.Every one should have one.

They started shipping out out the visa debit cards a over a month or two ago.Every one should have one.

Not at all. I can think of at least 10 people I know that still have a laser. In fact, in work, the AIB laser is used most of the time.
    If a tell them it's lost/not working don't they de-activate the card, meaning I'll be stuck (Unless I actually go into the bank)

Is there a reason you want to stick to laser or are you just not doing it now because it is the weekend?

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Is there a reason you want to stick to laser or are you just not doing it now because it is the weekend?

I'm not sticking with it, but the only method of forcing a new card from AIB would involve de-activating my current card. That would leave me without a card for a week, possibly more.

Mister Man wrote: »
    I'm not sticking with it, but the only method of forcing a new card from AIB would involve de-activating my current card. That would leave me without a card for a week, possibly more.

Not the case, when I got mine they kept my laser active while my visa was in the post, it was deactivated about 2 days after I started using my visa.

If you were to order it today it wouldn't even take that long. It would take 3 or 4 working days. Just go to an ATM and withdraw enough for that time and you'll be fine. Are you that far away from an AIB bank? I've had the visa debit a couple of months now and it has saved me so much hassle and money that it isn't even close to an issue of having to just carry money on you for 3 or 4 days max.

Edit: Seems I was wrong. I was presuming it would be just like ordering a new card which you'd get after 3 or 4 working days. Didn't know that they kept your laser working in that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

The first time you use your visa debit card is when the laser card becomes deactivated. I had my debit card for a week before i used it and my laser card worked fine until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Why not just connect your bank account to a Paypal account? I've been doing this for years, always gets my Xbox live codes this way and have not had a single issue in all of that time.

jester77 wrote: »
    Why not just connect your bank account to a Paypal account? I've been doing this for years, always gets my Xbox live codes this way and have not had a single issue in all of that time.

Paypal doesn't accept Laser :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Gweedling wrote: »
    Paypal doesn't accept Laser :D

Didn't mean laser, I meant connecting your bank account.

Click Profile menu -> Add or Remove Bank Account, and then Add Bank. You just enter your bank details and then Paypal will transfer over a sum of money to your account a few days later.

You then log back into Paypal and verify your account by entering the amount that Paypal transferred.

After that you just purchase stuff and the amount will be taken from your bank account the following day. All straight forward and very easy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement