Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor battery performance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Ok, thanks Sir Liam. Do you know off-hand if the leisure batteries get bigger in dimensions as the Ah figure increases? Barely any free space around my current 95Ah one

edit - compared the 125Ah one on your link to the 110Ah one - Length & Width similar but the 125Ah is 4.5cm higher, will have to check if I could take that

You'll find the dimensions in the brochure I reckon. There's a link to the .pdf in the link I posted. I'd recommend you install a battery meter while you're at it. As a rule of thumb where possible turn stuff off and put the battery on charge when you see 12.4v.
    I've one of these running off a dual cig. lighter socket I installed in the back. (cig. lighter connections are centre positive), dead handy.

Free-shipping-DC-12V-24V-Digital-Red-LED-Auto-Car-Volt-Voltage-Voltmeter-GAUGE-Battery-Indicator.jpg

I'm only recommending a 125ah because 95ah is too small imo.
    Nothing wrong with a lesser battery if that's all that fits. If it was me I'd run leads out to link a second battery in parallel for more ah. If linking two batteries keep them the same size (two 110ah for instance). Make sure your charger is rated for 220ah though if attempting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

It's not unusual to see a tiny charge going into the Engine battery from the hook up. If you were to test it with an amp meter it'd be feck all.

Advertisement