Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

please help!

Options
  • 17-02-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone, Im looking for the name of a stallholder that was at the winterval festival. I had a look at the brochure online but cant find a list of retailers.The company sold really unusual pieces of glass and they were situated at the back of the theatre royal, near the big snow globe! I think they were made by a woman but Im not 100%. I was hoping to get something different for someone as a wedding present and not the usual pieces of glass smile.png hoping someone remembers!!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Have you tried contacting Winterval?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Schlovely wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Im looking for the name of a stallholder that was at the winterval festival. I had a look at the brochure online but cant find a list of retailers.The company sold really unusual pieces of glass and they were situated at the back of the theatre royal, near the big snow globe! I think they were made by a woman but Im not 100%. I was hoping to get something different for someone as a wedding present and not the usual pieces of glass smile.png hoping someone remembers!!

Are you sure it was a stall and not the Irish Handmade Glass Company shop and factory behind the theatre royal / beside Christchurch cathedral

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Was it the little hut with the cloudy glass? I think it was made by a lady alright but cant remember any more. I think the guy was handing out cards with each purchase.

Winterval has a facebook page, maybe you could post there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Schlovely

@ jambo, it was definitely a hut, the pieces were displayed outside but it couldve been part of another business- I never looked inside and I stupidly didnt take a business card. @wmpdd3- that was exactly it- cloudy glass! Im going to contact winterval today as suggested by someone on another post, I just assumed as it was a seasonal thing I couldnt contact them til nearer the winter :rolleyes: thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Are you talking about the first or second hut after the giant snow globe on the left? They had some fantastic one-off pieces.

If you do get those details, will you share them here or via pm please?

Someone in my family was looking at the pieces before christmas but their present was sorted then. This thread is just in time for their birthday though.

Thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Where these melted class pieces or crystal type pieces.

Thanks all, just got the website from a very helpful winterval organiser who went out of her way to find it for me! As it turns out they mainly stock ceramics- I remember more glass being displayed (or maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me in the night lights!) Apparently the city council had a lot of stallholders that were rotated so the events organisers dont have everyone that was there on the list.
    The website is amandamurphyceramics.com for anyone interested- @mecco hope its the one u were looking for too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

That seems to be the one, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

This girl wasnt at winterval but she is fairly local and does some lovely bits.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jenny-Crean-Glass-Design/152102588181710

(no affiliation btw, just like her work and have a mutual friend)

wow her work is beautiful! thanks for sharing that :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement