Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A New Idea...Opinions Appreciated

Options
  • 17-02-2013 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hello,
    Unfortunately, I am not working currently. The last few years have been very difficult with work. I have gone through a lot from a company closing, embargo on recruitment and the last 3 years i have had 3 contract positions. I am well qualified have gone from having a decent salary to (and grateful) now to be receiving jobseekers and in the process of loosing a house. I am desperate to get back working again. My last contract finished before Christmas.
    On a personal level I am finding it difficult.
    My friends and family are great but they all lack actually going through it. I am embaressed saying to people i am not working.
    My idea is to form a support network for like-minded people - let me put it like this - honest to god people who want to work and get on with our lives and just earn a decent wage.
    I would like to get a group going of similar unemployed people together on for example a Monday morning at 10/11am for a coffee and a chat - initially. then - developing the group.
    I would appreciate your feedback fellow Kilkenny people on what you all think. Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Would you consider a start your own business course with the KCEB with possible 15-20 positive out-looking people like yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

What is it you hope to achieve through the group?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Instead of starting up a group, I would recommend joining the Kilkenny Jobs Club on Friary Street. They do brilliant work and offer everything you're looking for with the added bonus of upskilling their members for jobs applications and also sourcing positions in the city and county.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hello, thank you all for your responses. i must check out the kilkenny jobs club.
    as regards starting my own business - i don't have any major idea's except and the idea i had it is saturated.
    i guess my objectives of starting a group like this is;
    - Mainly support and provide a listening ear for people who maybe were self employed and are now without work or had good jobs and are now not working - as I mentioned in my post - yes i have great friends but most are working and are far removed from being without work and just don't get it.
    -the days are long and it is just difficult to be without work and your confidence is gone.
    - just a supportive group but the overall theme is 'positivity' and 'gratitude' for what we have, how to keep the spirits up and moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

For what it is worth, your attitude seems so positive you really should not fail, if it is any help, i hope you make it and anyone who cannot understand your plight must come from another planet.
    Good luck and keep us informed how you get on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement