Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating water pump

• 17-02-2013 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I noticed that my heating boiler come on together but when the boiler reaches temperature, set by the thermostat on the front of the boiler, it(the boiler) switches off AND so does the (circulating)water pump.
    Can anyone tell me, would there be any reason why the system would be wired in this way?
    Surely the water pump needs to stay on circulating the hot water in the system to harvest the heat from the boiler. This also means that the boiler stays off for longer as it doesn't cool down that quickly.
    This is the way the system has been working for 10 years but I only noticed it recently!!!
    Was it wired incorrectly first day???

Many thanks for all replies

N

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Wired wrong. Maybe doesnt have a permanent live.

House must be slow to heat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Connect the pump live to the live side of the stat for a quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 niallsan

Thanks for that.
    Ya, house is slow to heat.. plus ive been wasting all that heat sitting in the damn boiler...
    I'll give a shot at wiring tomorrow.
    So just connect llive for water pump to input/live feed of thermostat, ya...?

N.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

That's it, ideally you should fit some heating controls, zones, roomstats. and TRVs to mention a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 niallsan

Hi. Thanks for that. There are trvs fitted to every rad already and the house is zoned and controlled 3 ways. Upstairs downstairs and hot water cylinder. Rewired water pump this morn. Ran the boiler to heat the water and all seems fine. Boiler is only running for about 3 mins every 15 mins. This should improve the efficiency of the boiler no end. Prob burn out water pump a bit faster though :-(. Cant have it everyway i quess.... Thanks again....N.

• Advertisement
Advertisement