Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think i broke my Iphone

• 17-02-2013 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

i hate when this happens let my Iphone fall down the stairs tonight as you see my the pic the back is smashed to bits and it won't turn back on,is there anywhere i can get it fixed don't mind having to paid a few quid don't have a warranty.

BDQ-f0GCQAA1Czg.jpg:large

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Warranty is irrelevant here, it would not of covered you for it. I'd say its fixable. Maybe an internal connection has popped out from the impact.

Try some of the repair shops in town, actually, where are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

kceire wrote: »
    Warranty is irrelevant here, it would not of covered you for it. I'd say its fixable. Maybe an internal connection has popped out from the impact.

Try some of the repair shops in town, actually, where are you from?

I live in Dorset st any one in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

No experience with any in town. Can't say why it won't switch on but with regards to the back, that's only a battery cover which can be removed by removing the 2 screws on the bottom of your phone. You can find replacement covers (eBay, adverts) for around €10 so don't get ripped off in a shop.
    If you need it fixed check: syncron.ie but it might be a bit far for you...
    You can always try charging it or a reset (hold home and power button at the same time untill it restarts). Also try connect to itunes and see if it shows up. Like kceire said, might just be loose connection, remove the back and you might be able to see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

You can do an out of warranty repair with Apple. I think it's €140. You send your old phone and they send you an, as good as new referb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

mad muffin wrote: »
    You can do an out of warranty repair with Apple. I think it's €140. You send your old phone and they send you an, as good as new referb.
    think it's €211 for the 4s

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    I live in Dorset st any one in particular.

FM Mobile on George's street or Camden Street would get my personal recommendation. But I'm sure others have used the local shops on Moore street with joy before. GSM Solutions seem to be very good but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

kceire wrote: »

FM Mobile on George's street or Camden Street would get my personal recommendation. But I'm sure others have used the local shops on Moore street with joy before. GSM Solutions seem to be very good but expensive.
    GSM solutions ie would be the dodgiest place to get your iphone repaired. You will more than likely be ripped off for price and quality of repair. I have never seen such a tiny shop have such a horrendous reputation and vast amount of serious complaints against them. There is a big thread about them in this very forum

Advertisement