Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumineers back in November

Options
  • 17-02-2013 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Lumineers announced at the Olympia gig tonight that they will be back in Dublin in November. Don't be surprised if its in the O2. These guys are a class act great show tonight entire first album plus Dylan and Talking Heads covers.

Langhorne Slim a great support too!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Thats a massive jump for them imo. I can see them doing the Olympia again with maybe a belfast date aswell

• Subscribers Posts: 41,632 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thats a massive jump for them imo. I can see them doing the Olympia again with maybe a belfast date aswell

Id love to see them do Vicar street next.... no way would they fill the O2 at this stage.

Last night was my second time to see them and they seem like a very accomplished live band already.... great gig!!!

the olympia is an ok venue, but too much noise from the bar area. also, dont get me started on those bloody pillars....

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Can't wait to see them again. Couldn't believe it when they came into the crowd to perform Ho Hey right in front of me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQoIJawIvE&list=UUo8atx4RD8q7yzELBPylQzg&index=2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it is the O2, November 21st. was announced on the Late Late Show on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

CFC007 wrote: »
    Can't wait to see them again. Couldn't believe it when they came into the crowd to perform Ho Hey right in front of me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imQoIJawIvE&list=UUo8atx4RD8q7yzELBPylQzg&index=2

You broke the rule :eek: No videos allowed :pac:

I was just behind Wesley to his left. He held on to my shoulder as he was getting up on the barrier. Swoon.... :D

• Advertisement

it is the O2, November 21st. was announced on the Late Late Show on Friday.

Are they big enough though for the o2 . Id be amazed if it sells out over 1 big hit song so far , its a massive massive jump for them . Id be worried unless they have more big songs coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seems odd alright.
    I would have thought another Olympia gig would be enough.
    That Venue is around 1,200 I think and O2 around 8-12k?
    Fair play it they can get a good crowd!

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Seems odd alright.
    I would have thought another Olympia gig would be enough.
    That Venue is around 1,200 I think and O2 around 8-12k?
    Fair play it they can get a good crowd!

its 14000

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/The-Lumineers-tickets/artist/1498863

Just Announced: Thursday, November 21st, 2013 - Dublin, Ireland at The O2 Dublin.

Tickets On-Sale Friday, February 22nd at 9:00am local time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

over rated

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

How do you get a code for the O2 presale? I'm signed up to Blueroom / Priority and all, but do I have to do something in particular to be sent a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

cracking gig.

Can't wait for the next one

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

Olympia would be a much better venue, maybe play even for 3 nights, but I reckon it is all about the profit at the end of the day.

And as far as I remember they sold out the o2 in London for three nights in a row.

Hard to imagine now that the Gig last Saturday was actually first scheduled for Whelans!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

How do you get a code for the O2 presale? I'm signed up to Blueroom / Priority and all, but do I have to do something in particular to be sent a code?

Don't reckon you'll need one. Be very surprised if it sells out. VERY.

SusanneKn wrote: »
    Olympia would be a much better venue, maybe play even for 3 nights, but I reckon it is all about the profit at the end of the day.

And as far as I remember they sold out the o2 in London for three nights in a row.

Hard to imagine now that the Gig last Saturday was actually first scheduled for Whelans!

They have not played the O2 yet . They are doing 2 shows at Brixton next month

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

How the hell are they playing the O2 already? On the back of 1 catchy, now annoying song and pretty mediocre album.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭squonk

Have to agree. I couldn't believe that song was so popular because I thought it was a bit **** from day 1. I don't really think they're all that much to be excited about. Seems very odd that they'd fill the Point. Maybe the gig will be downgraded to somewhere else after a bit?

They have a wide ranging appeal though, from the 15-16 yo's to the groovy grandads.

Im sure the fact mcd booked to O2 is based on previous ticket requests for the last gig, coupled with an expect rise in fame in the meantime.

personally, im not sure they can carry it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭trendy88

Just Got Mine!! Cant Wait for November!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭SusanneKn

I got mine too but it won't be as good as the Olympia.Smaller venues are usually much better.I would have rather seen them doing two/three days in the Olympia.

I wonder if Monsters of Men are coming back soon? I never got my hands on a ticket :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

SusanneKn wrote: »
    Smaller venues are usually much better. I would have rather seen them doing two/three days in the Olympia.

I thought the same thing about Bon Iver in the build up to his O2 gig. And he blew me away. Of course, The Lumineers are no Bon Iver, but you'd never know what they'll pull off.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have just discovered Langhorne Slim and from what i've heard so far it should be the Lumineers supporting him...

Advertisement